WnSoft Forums

Question to Igor.

boxig

I only now found that pte files save as template don't give the full path to files but something like this:

C:\PROGRA~1\PICTUR~1\TEMPLA~1\CHIANG~1.PT\aspara01bg.jpg

I found it when making utility which retrieves the paths of all images used called "PTEpics" for members to get lists of files in each show. Maybe it's better if members will make:

C:\Templates or C:\PTEtemplates

instead of:

C:\Program Files\PicturesToExe\Template\ShowFolder

Is there a way to change the place of Template folder ?

And if not, can you add this option ?

Thanks

Granot

Please write me in details how to reproduce it. And I'll try to fix it soon.

p.s. by the way, these short DOS file names is not a problem for PicturesToExe - because Windows understands equally and usual long file names and short DOS file names.

Igor, I think the files can be mixed up though if you store as DOS filenames. DOS filename translation suffix e.g. "~5" can come out differently if the file set is changed (add, remove, rename) and system restarted, or if it is viewed from another partition that isn't identical or even on simply another drive letter. This gave me a lot of trouble a while back on my Autorun CD in that the "~5" translation of long filename on CD would come out differently on a different computer.