WnSoft Forums

Couple O' Questions

wedford

Hi All,

I'm definetly enjoying using the new version 5 although in exploring different ideas and trying to duplicate others achievements I find PTE SUCKS ...... all the time out of my days. Oh why so many options? I have a hard enough time in my deciding do I wear black socks or white, over the roll or underneath, paper or plastic ETC. ETC. ETC.

So anyhow, since I spent the night "experimenting" again and now have red eyes that could put any Motley Crue member to shame I've got a couple questions.

1. No starting a slidehow from the desktop? Or back?

2. How to start numbering slides with Project Options "comments" automatically 'from a particular slide? Can I "skip" a certain slide and keep numbering?

Again, some silly questions and I wouldn't say they're keeping me up at night but then again how would I know? (Ummmm, maybe I'll go without socks at all!!

Then again ........

Anyhow, Thanks

I'm a bit unclear on the first question. Could you possibly clarify what you want to do here? If you want to have the last slide remain on screen as with 4.48 that isn't possible with 5.0 yet. I haven't yet had my morning coffee so still a bit confused here.

On the second question, there is no way to do that automatically. You could assign individual numbers via comments on the individual slides so that would enable skipping any you wish but the automatic numbering retrieves the number from the position in the slide list so not possible to actually "skip" slides.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi All,

I'm definetly enjoying using the new version 5 although in exploring different ideas and trying to duplicate others achievements I find PTE SUCKS ...... all the time out of my days. Oh why so many options? I have a hard enough time in my deciding do I wear black socks or white, over the roll or underneath, paper or plastic ETC. ETC. ETC.

So anyhow, since I spent the night "experimenting" again and now have red eyes that could put any Motley Crue member to shame I've got a couple questions.

2. How to start numbering slides with Project Options "comments" automatically 'from a particular slide? Can I "skip" a certain slide and keep numbering?

Again, some silly questions and I wouldn't say they're keeping me up at night but then again how would I know? (Ummmm, maybe I'll go without socks at all!!

Then again ........

Anyhow, Thanks

No, unfortunately. Igor found it too difficult to apply in the new engine in v.5 so he had to leave it out. Personally, I prefer watching a show which starts from black and "goes to black", like in the movies - maybe I'm just old-fashioned?! :)

Thanks for the reply Lin,

Although with your puzzling over my first qustion (from desktop?) I started questioning myself. Did PTe have this feature in the past? I remembered something but started to think it was another program I had used, one to make menus for CD/DVDS (Quick Menu Builder). It does have this feature so in addition to that I rally though I was having a "moment". I searched through the PTE forum and found that PTE DID have this option (first slide appearing from the desktop without a "background" or window.) Also after the last slide instead of just stopping it could "transition" to the desktop. I found my answer also - PTE no longer has this feature although it might again in the future.

SO with your answer of one NOT being able to change the automatic slide "comments" from the standard options I'm batting zero!

Oh well, at least I know my mind hasen't gone TOTALLY on "vacation".

Thank anyhow.

Thanks for the answers Lin and Al,

I knew I could count on you two for help. Too bad about the answers though, it's not like I use the features all that much it's just the idea of being able to change things if I want.

I do have another question .... can I no longer print/SAVE to a file instead of just printing a slide?

Thanks again.

wedford,

The "save" button info is still there, but, like version 4, it doesn't display from the nav bar when you select "print".

post-215-1182956477_thumb.jpg

wedford

I do have another question .... can I no longer print/SAVE to a file instead of just printing a slide?

In “Project Options “ – “ Advanced “ you must have checked

“ Allow to restore pictures ( via the “ Print “ button on the navigation bar )

You will then get the Save button.

Added

If the box marked as " Only Main Image " is left blank it will save the slide as a .bmp (Slide1.bmp)

When " Only Main Image " is checked - it will save the main image as original file name but in .jpg format.

post-14-1182988968_thumb.jpg

post-14-1182990126_thumb.jpg

AArrrr Soo, that's what that check box is for!! I always wondered what it did.

Thanks Ralph for the very good set of screen shoots, a clear, concise explanation. :)