WnSoft Forums

4.48 timed advance in a manual show

fuzzy

In 4.48 I have a manually advanced slide show. I'd like to have a few slides that I want to automatically blend into the next slide after a few seconds.

I can do it by setting all slides to a very long time, then set the few auito advanced slides to 4 seconds. Is there a better way?

(I'm not sure I want to upgrade to 5.0, so please explain the 4.48 method)

Hi Fuzzy,

If you want to achieve this is 4.48 then I think you will need to break the sequence down into distinct sections and each section should then become a 'mini' sequence in its own right.

Say you want a number of slides to be manually controlled, then run an automated sequence of slides followed by more manually controlled slides, etc.

It may sound strange but you will need to work backwards from the last section of your show and make this first. Eg In these notes I will describe making a show comprising 3 mini sequences "seq1", "seq2", "seq3":

- Make the manually controlled end sequence called "seq3" first.

- Then make your automated sequence and call this "seq2". Then, under the Project Options \ Advanced tab you will see a tick box labelled "Run Application After Last Slide". Tick this option and browse to the filename of the final sequence ("seq3" in this example).

- Then make your opening manual sequence "seq1" and again use the Project Options \ Advanced tab to set it to run the next sequence (i.e. "seq2").

When you run seq1.exe, you can manually step through the slides to the last one, then PTE will run seq2 for you. At the end of seq2, PTE will run seq3. You can chain several sequences together in this way though you may see the screen momentarily jump between sequences.

Hope this achieves the effect you are after.

Ouch! Way too hard. I'm not too sharp with P2E so I have no idea what you were talking about.

I thought there might be an easier way than setting a long time for each slide and a short time for the selected one. I think that's much easier.

Otherwise 5.0 does it easily.

Maybe you can help me decide whether to save all my shows as 5.0 (irreversable) or stick with 4.48. I only use it for manual shows these days. I use ProShow Producer for music shows/DVDs

Sorry. It's one of those cases where it would be easy to demonstrate to someone but difficult to explain it in written form. Perhaps one of the other forum members could explain it better?

Anyhow, you are right "5.0 does it easily" as I think I stated in my reply to your other thread (which seemed to be asking the same questions?).

Only you can decide if 4.48 or 5 is right for you and your purposes. I'm sure if you copy down the above instructions and refer to them when making a small test show in 4.48 they will begin to make sense. Take time to experiment and try various settings and try creating a small show in each version and see which you prefer.

With regards to using ProShow...least said the better as far as I'm concerned.