WnSoft Forums

Production Notes Window

Production Notes (or Project Notes) Window within PTEs GUI with capability to enter/save/display any notes or comments ... this would be relative to the currently opened .pte project file.

This would allow one to keep the current state/ history of the project by inserting any personal text notations. It also would be a very helpful reminder when opening the saved .pte project file after some lengthy time period or when uploading for another users benefit.

The information would be saved/contained within the .pte file and only viewable from within PTEs GUI.

Something like below :

post-45-1184337295_thumb.jpg

Stu,

In the meantime, there is a simple "workaround" as follows:

Open the O&A window for the first slide, and create a text object, where you can enter any notes about the current project that you want to retain for future reference. Then, change the opacity to 0 % and save. The viewers of the show will never know it is there, and when you want to refer to it, just change the opacity back to 100%. You could even change the "name" of the object to "Production Notes" or "Reference" so you know what it is when you open O&A the next time.

Al, KSF

I have used many options thru the years to retain notes on my projects. My proposal is not a high priority feature, just a suggestion to add some nice finishing touches.

The best way I have found to store project notations internally is to use the Project/ Customise Help Message. I rarely use the Help Window in PTE shows ... so I make use of it for my notation needs. It works very effectively and I can read/edit it at any time. The best part is that the information is stored internally just for that particular .pte file. Its just a click to view it from PTEs Project dropdown menu.

So I can wait ... as the above method works rather fast & easy for my current purpose.