WnSoft Forums

4.48 pictures clear when burned to DVD, 5.0 blurry- please help- URGEN

Ausmortay

I have a couple of questions- I have been using 4.48 successfully for a couple of years. I purchased 5.0 with videobuilder for $20.00 a couple months ago and have had problems....

When I use 5.0 when transferring to DVD, via video builder, the pictures are very pixelated/blurry even though they are high res quality, but when you play the slideshow using the .exe file they are clear and crisp. I have a Nikon DSLR so I know it isnt my camera. Using 4.48 the DVD's come out great (using ulead movie factory 3.0) but using 5.00 dvd's come out blurry via using video builder and Ulead Movie Factory - Can you help me fix this problem? What settings should I be using, any tricks of the trade that can help me? Also using 5.0 my aspect rations are all messed up when trying to import to ulead movie factory too, I never had this problem with 4.48...

Also, I did a huge slideshow that took me many hours/days in 5.00 and the DVD is blurry, I want to use the .pte file in 4.48, to burn a clear DVD, how can I do this without having to do the slideshow over?

are there any tutorials for Video Builder?

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks,

Joy

Hi Joy,

There should be no problem at all with Video Builder - it sounds like perhaps a codec issue or incorrect setting. The "Default" in Video Builder is for PAL rather than NTSC so if you live in the US or Canada, you will need to change this via Project Options from Video Builder:

videobuilder.jpg

At the top of the "Project Options" box where it says "TV System". Be sure you have the correct one for your part of the country. Otherwise just use the defaults and you "should" get a perfect DVD...

Could you provide screen snaps of your process or explain exactly the approach you are using? Typically, just using the defaults will produce perfect DVD's.

The way to test is to use rewritable DVD's and make a slideshow of only about 3 slides to minimize the time for rendering and burn until this is worked out.

There isn't a tutorial yet, but will be before too long.

Lin

I have a couple of questions- I have been using 4.48 successfully for a couple of years. I purchased 5.0 with videobuilder for $20.00 a couple months ago and have had problems....

When I use 5.0 when transferring to DVD, via video builder, the pictures are very pixelated/blurry even though they are high res quality, but when you play the slideshow using the .exe file they are clear and crisp. I have a Nikon DSLR so I know it isnt my camera. Using 4.48 the DVD's come out great (using ulead movie factory 3.0) but using 5.00 dvd's come out blurry via using video builder and Ulead Movie Factory - Can you help me fix this problem? What settings should I be using, any tricks of the trade that can help me? Also using 5.0 my aspect rations are all messed up when trying to import to ulead movie factory too, I never had this problem with 4.48...

Also, I did a huge slideshow that took me many hours/days in 5.00 and the DVD is blurry, I want to use the .pte file in 4.48, to burn a clear DVD, how can I do this without having to do the slideshow over?

are there any tutorials for Video Builder?

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks,

Joy

Its of course of no help,but I also find the DVDs from Video Builder blurry when compaired to directly veiwed on my PC.

I have asked about this before but no one seems to know the answer,

Neil

Neil,

There is lots of discussion on this topic when you search for them.

Start with this one:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6985

In this post from Lin :

Essentially DVD, whether PAL or NTSC format are low resolution not even reaching 800x600 (SVGA) standards so will never look like an original. But in addition to low resolution, when they are displayed on a computer monitor they rarely if ever look as good as when displayed on a television.