WnSoft Forums

Vidio Builder 5.0

johnleslie

Having just viewed my first attempt of useing Vidio Builder 5.0, i love the results after viewing my show on a 42" LCD TV. Apart from some slight clipping in "zoom" and "wide" the picture and sound was very good. In the "4/3", "14/9" and "smart" settings, also very good.

I thought this information might be of interest to any member considering Vidio Builder 5.0

Johnleslie

Having just viewed my first attempt of useing Vidio Builder 5.0, i love the results after viewing my show on a 42" LCD TV. Apart from some slight clipping in "zoom" and "wide" the picture and sound was very good. In the "4/3", "14/9" and "smart" settings, also very good.

I thought this information might be of interest to any member considering Vidio Builder 5.0

Johnleslie

John,

I too have just started using VB 5 and have had similar good (excellent!) results. However, there is one little bug on my system: each time I burn a DVD, the program hangs up at the "99%" complete point and does not finalize the DVD; I have to "cancel" VB and manually eject the DVD. But, the good news is that the DVDs do play and appear to be perfectly normal. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or an idea of what is going on? No doubt something with my system, but don't know what.

Thanks, Felix

Felix

have you left the program running for 1/2 hr or 1 hr

sometimes it seems to take forever to get the complete screen -- it could be that program is writing the lead out function.

what is the run time of your show?

ken

Ken,

As I am just beginning to use PTE, my DVD shows have been extremely short, 3 to 5 slides, just to check on my resolution, zooming, etc. My first DVD try was of a 3-slide show and I would guess that I waited about 15-20 minutes at the 99% complete point before giving up and ejecting the disk. Perhaps you are right and I need to be more patient; however, I find the idea of having to wait an hour at the 99% complete point to be a less than attractive option, especially if the DVDs are apparently complete and play okay. But, I'll give it a shot tomorrow and let you know how it comes out.

Thanks for your reply.

--Felix

Johnleslie

Thanks for information:

could you precise which parameters you have used : video options 720 x 576 ?, aspect ratio 4:3 or 16:9, birate...

on your TV, did you select manually 4:3 16:9 or other format?

In any case, as numerical genuine format is 3:2 or ratio 1.5 for 1024 x 683, how did you get a correct proportion image 3:2 on screen ?

Thanks to clarify.

Olivier

John,

I too have just started using VB 5 and have had similar good (excellent!) results. However, there is one little bug on my system: each time I burn a DVD, the program hangs up at the "99%" complete point and does not finalize the DVD; I have to "cancel" VB and manually eject the DVD. But, the good news is that the DVDs do play and appear to be perfectly normal. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or an idea of what is going on? No doubt something with my system, but don't know what.

Thanks, Felix

Felix,

I have been useing VB5 for slideshows and all have been fairly long shows and have had no problems

today i did a short slideshow of only 1 minute 43 seconds on my forst attempt to create with VB5 i waited so long

and gave up and canceled but unlike you Mine did not play, while haveing tea i remembered something stated by Ken or Al that it takes longer for disc to close after Burning on short shows, so gave it a try and left it to run it took just over 10 minutes for the Disc to just run out on such a small show, but it did work.

So well worth waiting it will happen.

All the best Ray

John,

Thanks, Felix

Hi Felix

I'm still learning and also finding my way around. Also looking on the forum at the comments made by other members. When i made my first DVD, which was 219MB in size and 4.13 minutes long it took approx' 15 -20 minutes to burn. When i prepared my AV in PTE 5 - I had sized all my slides @ 1024 x 768 - Poject Option/Sreen was at 4:3 PC/DVD and then "Save As" ( the title ) Opened up Vidio Builder and i left Create Menue box set 'DVD 4:7

When viewed on the TV i used the remote control for the various settings and although there was some slight cropping in Widescreen ( 16 x 9 ) i was very pleased with the result.

All the best - Johnleslie

Thanks for information:

could you precise which parameters you have used : video options 720 x 576 ?, aspect ratio 4:3 or 16:9, birate...

on your TV, did you select manually 4:3 16:9 or other format?

In any case, as numerical genuine format is 3:2 or ratio 1.5 for 1024 x 683, how did you get a correct proportion image 3:2 on screen ?

Thanks to clarify.

Olivier

Hallo Olivier

Sorry for my delay in answering but i've put some details on my reply to Felix yesterday, under this post, which might be of interest to you.

All the best - Johnleslie