WnSoft Forums

Trouble with DVD

norrie

Despite reading Pavel's note re DVD burning I am not getting the results I expect.

All my slides are re-sized to 1024*768 px.

In PTE, under "Project Options", "Screen Settings" ......aspect ratio of slide 16:9

100% of slide to show on main menu

DVD burning, "Project Options"...........Menu aspect ratio 16:9

The DVD burns perfectly but when viewed on a 16:9 TV the images have a black band down the side (acceptable), but the top and bottom are slightly cropped !!!

Can anyone tell me what settings I need to apply so that I can see all the image. I don't mind a black border all round.

Thanks.

Despite reading Pavel's note re DVD burning I am not getting the results I expect.

All my slides are re-sized to 1024*768 px.

In PTE, under "Project Options", "Screen Settings" ......aspect ratio of slide 16:9

100% of slide to show on main menu

DVD burning, "Project Options"...........Menu aspect ratio 16:9

The DVD burns perfectly but when viewed on a 16:9 TV the images have a black band down the side (acceptable), but the top and bottom are slightly cropped !!!

Can anyone tell me what settings I need to apply so that I can see all the image. I don't mind a black border all round.

Thanks.

I have just had a similar problem, and the reason in your case is that your images are not in the same size ratio as your intended output. You need to resize your images to the same ratio as your output, i.e. 16:9, which means cropping all your images to that shape - 1024:576. You're going to lose some off the top and bottom of your images, which can't be helped. Then, in O&A, click on 'tools' and check 'Show safe TV zone', whch will put a bluish frame around the image. If the overscan is too much, Project Options/Screen at the bottom of the panel - scroll down - allows you to set a percentage reduction so your image just overscans a little when you look in O&A. Remember to click 'Set for existing slides' so the resize happens to all your images.

Colin

I have just had a similar problem, and the reason in your case is that your images are not in the same size ratio as your intended output. You need to resize your images to the same ratio as your output, i.e. 16:9, which means cropping all your images to that shape - 1024:576. You're going to lose some off the top and bottom of your images, which can't be helped. Then, in O&A, click on 'tools' and check 'Show safe TV zone', whch will put a bluish frame around the image. If the overscan is too much, Project Options/Screen at the bottom of the panel - scroll down - allows you to set a percentage reduction so your image just overscans a little when you look in O&A. Remember to click 'Set for existing slides' so the resize happens to all your images.

Colin

Colin,

Thanks for your reply. I was trying to avoid re-sizing my images as I've set up this show of a friends wedding and there are quite a few slides. I'll probably try the "percentage reduction" method first.

Thanks for also pointing out where to find the "TV safe zone" button. I knew it existed from previous versions of PTE but have been searching for ages to find it.

Norrie.

Colin,

Thanks for your reply. I was trying to avoid re-sizing my images as I've set up this show of a friends wedding and there are quite a few slides. I'll probably try the "percentage reduction" method first.

Thanks for also pointing out where to find the "TV safe zone" button. I knew it existed from previous versions of PTE but have been searching for ages to find it.

Norrie.

Hi Norrie

A few of us seem to be having similar problems and i started a Post under Vidio Builder 5.0 on the forum.

I have just added some information in my relplies to Felix and Norrie which i hope may help you.

All the best - Johnleslie