WnSoft Forums

Fading music and more

Guest Auser

Guest Auser

How come a program in its 5th version still can not fade music at the end of a show ? With all of the powerfull and advanced features why do we still have to use a 3rd party program to do something so simple ?

Here are some of my suggestions.

1. Ability to fade music in and out. Its such a pain to get your show set up like you want, then use another program to fade your music and then oops...I made a change and now I have to do it all over again. Yuk.

2. Would be great if we had the ability to see the transitions between each slide in the slide view and change them from there like most other slideshow and video programs do.

3. It would be great if we could cycle thru the slides when the "Customize Slide" window is open. To change things like transitions on a slide by slide basic you have to open the customize window, make your change, close the window then move to the next slide. How about some arrows at the top of the window letting you cycle between slides like you do in the "Objects and Animation" window.

4. Pre-made caption effects.

5. Some kind of grid or the ability to add lines to the work area in the object and animation window with snap-to abilities. Has anyone ever used a program like Print Master/Print Shop. You can add overlay lines anywhere you want with snap-to ability to help line up objects. This would be very helpfull in P2E.

These are my suggestions for now. The first 3 would really help with usability and speed of creating a slideshow.

Later

Welcome to PTE and to the user forum Auser.

1. Ability to fade music in and out. Its such a pain to get your show set up like you want, then use another program to fade your music and then oops...I made a change and now I have to do it all over again. Yuk.

This is a deficit in the functionally of PTE and an enhancement has been requested, Igor has indicated it will be addressed in a upgrade soon. See:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6806

also:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6657

5. Some kind of grid or the ability to add lines to the work area in the object and animation window with snap-to abilities. Has anyone ever used a program like Print Master/Print Shop. You can add overlay lines anywhere you want with snap-to ability to help line up objects. This would be very helpful in P2E.

There are a number of overlay grids/guides available that have been made by users. They don't allow "snap to" but still are useful. Try here for one:

http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...y&cat_id=14

Guest Auser
Welcome to PTE and to the user forum Auser.

This is a deficit in the functionally of PTE and an enhancement has been requested, Igor has indicated it will be addressed in a upgrade soon. See:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6806

also:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6657

There are a number of overlay grids/guides available that have been made by users. They don't allow "snap to" but still are useful. Try here for one:

http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...y&cat_id=14

Thanks for the reply. Thats good to hear about Winsoft addresses some of the issues with music. I knew about the grid overlays and should have mentioned that I did. I would however love to see something built in.

Thanks for the reply.

How come a program in its 5th version still can not fade music at the end of a show ? With all of the powerfull and advanced features why do we still have to use a 3rd party program to do something so simple ?

Here are some of my suggestions.

2. Would be great if we had the ability to see the transitions between each slide in the slide view and change them from there like most other slideshow and video programs do.

3. It would be great if we could cycle thru the slides when the "Customize Slide" window is open. To change things like transitions on a slide by slide basic you have to open the customize window, make your change, close the window then move to the next slide. How about some arrows at the top of the window letting you cycle between slides like you do in the "Objects and Animation" window.

4. Pre-made caption effects.

The issue with this one is that no matter how many you may have, everyone won't be happy. It's that way with the competition - check their forums. With PTE you can program any effects you want, actually an infinite number. PTE has always been a "nuts and bolts" program, this is what the majority of users love about it. The user has the ability to create and fine tune the slideshow to their own satisfaction and even create their own custom effects, captions, etc.

5. Some kind of grid or the ability to add lines to the work area in the object and animation window with snap-to abilities. Has anyone ever used a program like Print Master/Print Shop. You can add overlay lines anywhere you want with snap-to ability to help line up objects. This would be very helpfull in P2E.

These are my suggestions for now. The first 3 would really help with usability and speed of creating a slideshow.

Later

Guest Auser

Lin,

I dont have the time to manually create some of the caption effects I see in some of the other programs but would love to have them. P2E may take the 'nuts and bolts' approach but to me this limits is audience. As it is right now its pretty complicated and cumbersome for the average user. But maybe going after the enthusiats market is all Wnsoft needs.

I really like P2E and I would imagine that eventually things like this will make it into P2E if Wnsoft wants to continue to compete.

Thanks and looking forward to learning more about version 5. Your documentation is really helpfull and appreciated.

Open the timeline. You can see all of the transition points there, and if you "scrub" the timeline by clicking on the little blue triangle at the beginning of it and moving it back and forth over the transition, you can view the effect of the transition itself. Then if you want to change it, double click on the transition and you will be able to make the changes you want in the "customize slide" menu for that slide.

Guest Auser

Thanks Al,

I did finally find that and its a big help. I don't normally use a lot of different transitions, but for those times that you do this makes it easier/quicker to change them.

Thanks again