WnSoft Forums

Copying timed points

MarioG

Hi everyone,

I can copy and paste timed points, just don't know how to copy them from slide 1 and apply them to slide 2.

Is there a tutorial on this? I can do it manually but this is tedious and probably won't get it exactly the same

as I've got twenty slides to do.

Mario

Hi everyone,

I can copy and paste timed points, just don't know how to copy them from slide 1 and apply them to slide 2.

Is there a tutorial on this? I can do it manually but this is tedious and probably won't get it exactly the same

Mario

Hi Mario,

Think I forgot to put that in the guide. Anyway, click on the slide whose time points you have determined and copy the slide. Then click in the slide list and paste the slide. You will of course get two identical copies. Now open the O&A window and click on the image properties tab. In the picture dialog box, click on the little icon to the right and select a new image file. This image will replace the original and you will have a new slide with the same key points. In other words, just copy the slide and replace the attached images with new ones.

Jeff

Mario,

Do you mean copy and paste "keypoints" ? If so, the answer is no. You can't apply the keypoints from one slide to another directly. The reason is fairly complex, but remember you are dealing with not only the animations between keypoints but also the timing of the entire slide. Each slide can have a custom time so to be able to copy keypoints and apply the exact timings and animations to a different slide would also require having the identical time set for the display.

BUT:

I assume by "timed points" you are referring to "keypoints?" If so, there is no direct way to do this, but there is a rather obtuse way of accomplishing the same thing, however it's a little wasteful of resources.

What you do is set up the first slide and all the keypoints and animations. Then copy and paste this original as many times in the main slide list as you intend to have slides in the slideshow. Next go to objects and animations and go to slide two. Highlight slide two to select it then right click and "add" the second slide for your slideshow as a "child" of slide two. Remember slide two has exactly the same performance as slide one as do all other original copies.

Repeat this for all remaining slides - that is go to slide three and make the "real" slide three a child of the copied slide three which is identical to slide one, etc.

When you are finished, the slides which are children will inherit all the identical properties of the original so will have the identical performance and timings.

It's not straight-forward, but this will accomplish what you wish "if" I have understood your original intent.

Note: I just read Jeff's suggestion and that will be another way of accomplishing the same....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi everyone,

Mario

Hi Mario,

Think I forgot to put that in the guide. Anyway, click on the slide whose time points you have determined and copy the slide. Then click in the slide list and paste the slide. You will of course get two identical copies. Now open the O&A window and click on the image properties tab. In the picture dialog box, click on the little icon to the right and select a new image file. This image will replace the original and you will have a new slide with the same key points. In other words, just copy the slide and replace the attached images with new ones.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, works fine. I think it is in the guide somewhere as Peter says he was reading it today.

I'm looking forward to reading the guide and thankyou very much for it.

Mario

Mario,

Do you mean copy and paste "keypoints" ? If so, the answer is no. You can't apply the keypoints from one slide to another directly. The reason is fairly complex, but remember you are dealing with not only the animations between keypoints but also the timing of the entire slide. Each slide can have a custom time so to be able to copy keypoints and apply the exact timings and animations to a different slide would also require having the identical time set for the display.

BUT:

I assume by "timed points" you are referring to "keypoints?" If so, there is no direct way to do this, but there is a rather obtuse way of accomplishing the same thing, however it's a little wasteful of resources.

What you do is set up the first slide and all the keypoints and animations. Then copy and paste this original as many times in the main slide list as you intend to have slides in the slideshow. Next go to objects and animations and go to slide two. Highlight slide two to select it then right click and "add" the second slide for your slideshow as a "child" of slide two. Remember slide two has exactly the same performance as slide one as do all other original copies.

Repeat this for all remaining slides - that is go to slide three and make the "real" slide three a child of the copied slide three which is identical to slide one, etc.

When you are finished, the slides which are children will inherit all the identical properties of the original so will have the identical performance and timings.

It's not straight-forward, but this will accomplish what you wish "if" I have understood your original intent.

Note: I just read Jeff's suggestion and that will be another way of accomplishing the same....

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks LIn,

I'll try your method too. Jeff's worked a charm though and yes, I did mean Timed points :rolleyes:

Actually, the slide with the timed points I needed to copy was the second image (object) in slide 1, not a child

if that makes any sense to you. Sometimes I wonder if I know what I'm talking about! LOL

Anyway all ok now..

LIn, are you the guy that made that tutorial with the cows and red arrow? That tutorial is worth it's weight in gold to me.

I'm dissapointed he didn't say who he was, maybe you?

Regards,

Mario

Mario,

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this in any of the tutorials or previous posts, but it is also possible to copy objects (along with their keypoints) from one slide to another. Depending on the timing of the receiving slide, the keypoints may be a bit mixed up and not make much sense on the second slide, however. Worth a try, though, as it may be possible without too much effort to make the necessary adjustments in order to have them work properly.

Thanks LIn,

I'll try your method too. Jeff's worked a charm though and yes, I did mean Timed points :rolleyes:

Actually, the slide with the timed points I needed to copy was the second image (object) in slide 1, not a child

if that makes any sense to you. Sometimes I wonder if I know what I'm talking about! LOL

Anyway all ok now..

LIn, are you the guy that made that tutorial with the cows and red arrow? That tutorial is worth it's weight in gold to me.

I'm dissapointed he didn't say who he was, maybe you?

Regards,

Mario

Yes, I meant 'keyoints' , my mistake, thought they were the same thing.

Mario