WnSoft Forums

Eclipse Japan 2009

thedom

As some of you know, I'm an eclipse hunter.

Everything started in 1999 : one of my friend went in Normandy and saw for the first time an eclipse.

He was so amazed that he decided he wanted to see an other one.

He organized a trip in South Africa in 2002 and asked his friends to come with him.

He asked me and I saw my first eclipse there. And I want to see some more too!

The last eclipse we saw was in Lybia in March 2006.

The next one will be in Japan in July 2009.

My friend is organizing the trip and he made a first version of the trailer of this journey.

I was very enthusiast when I saw his PTE project. He started with one of my old project you can download it here (clock demo).

I decided with his approval to try to improve his wonderful idea.

So here are the both project :

- Caspal-Japan2009.exe : his original trailer

- CaspalTheDom-Japan2009 : my work

It's only a 2 minutes show but I hope you will like it...

CaspalTheDom-Japan2009.gif

[ click on the image above to directly access the download page ]

Note that the watch is the result of Panos photoshop action : Panosfx watch.

Please go visit panosfx website for other amazing resources for photoshop : http://panosfx.com.

Dom

As always your eclipse trailer is stunning and extremely professional. And a very good example of what PTE 5.0 is capable of.

Very inspirational!

Regards

I am totally amazed at the absolute smoothness of the animation in this show. The second hand movement is absolutely, completely smooth and continuous. I could not see any sign at all of discontinuity of movement anywhere. It is a staggeringly good demonstration of what PTE can do. Bravo!!!

Colin

Guest Techman1

Dominque,

That was really a great trailer. I like "TheDOM" version the best, but both are great. Smooth transitions, the Flare rotating along the clock edge and then the Eclipse/moon's edge at the end. Nice transition from clock to Japanese flag to eclipse. I liked the widescreen view also. Good timing of music to transitions occuring in the clock face too.

Just a great job. Thanks for sharing this, I'm sure your friend is extremely pleased with this as an invitation and countdown.

All the best,

Fred

Dominque,

Like all the other comments I too was blown away with these. Creative, original, inspiring, wonderful use of sound, I could go on and on. Makes me want to pack my bags and go to Japan now.

Both great but I liked "TheDOM" version more, the extra little creative touches do make a difference. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Thank you for your compliments guys.

Actually, most of them are for my friend because the idea is his.

I just made the animation smoother and added some effects with nicer graphics (thank you again to panos for his watch photoshop action).

My friend Caspal didn't see it yet because he is in vaccation and will be back in two weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
by the way whats the music called? I love it. Really works with the images very well.

Andy,

The music is called "Alone in Kyoto" and is performed by a french band "Air".

It's a soundtrack of the movie "Lost in Translation" by Sofia Coppola.

Thank you for your compliments guys.

Actually, most of them are for my friend because the idea is his.

I just made the animation smoother and added some effects with nicer graphics (thank you again to panos for his watch photoshop action).

My friend Caspal didn't see it yet because he is in vaccation and will be back in two weeks.

Thank you Dom. What a surprise...

Just coming back from vaccation,... and I discover a version so richer than mine, at the beginning ! And I did not expect to find it on the forum ! But it is very nice to see that the idea (and what you made of this) is appreciated !!

The more amazing is that our other friends coming with us in Japan did not see it yet, but it is already on the web!!

Good job, bravo !

:ph34r: Casp(al).