WnSoft Forums

Neat Slideshow & info how

Bubba

Please check out the slideshow called "Colours" at: http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp

I e-mailed the creator "cici" and he gave me permission to post his reply to my "how'd you do that questions." I think he provides some good ideas and the slideshow is one of my favorites.

I couldn't get the ending to work however. It stopped just before the ending. Below is "cici's" reply to my e-mail. Your comments are welcome. Bubba (I changed my forum name from 'Jerry S')

I too am new to PTE (but not new at all to slideshows) and this is my 3rd PTE show and I've just finished my 4th one. It will be uploaded to my website in a few days.

> > >

> > > The show consists of 240 images : 64 picture + 176 images for the animations; synchronized in time line. R-The animations images were synched at the rate of 5 images per sec. , no transition ("quick") . The rate of 5 images per sec , I think is the maximum you can require from PTE (and it is very good): with a bigger rate you can experience problems. As far as transitions are concerned you can use the "fade in" at 20 msec.

> > >

> > > My animations images are 3D drawings and have been prepared with the software "Strata 3D 3.0.2" (http://strata.com/) . This program was a "freeware" when they started, but now (3D 8..v) it's a very expensive one. Anyway it's a beautiful program: you can handle your drawings as you like. You can reduce them to a line or a point, hide it somewhere and then open it like magic. But you need a lot of work. As you are obliged to save drawings as "mpeg" files it does it by saving the image upset down and with the axes x, y, z in a corner. So you need a good graphic editor, time, and patience to erase these axes.

> > >

> > > Anyway it's not necessary to have a sophisticated program to do nice and interesting things!

> > >

> > > The most important thing to apply is: the bigger the number of images your animation is broken up, the cooler your animation will be.

> > >

> > > I don't know if these details will help you, but , please, be free to ask me for help anytime you need it for a special realization.

> > >

> > > If you don't know yet, PTE has a very interesting and wonderful FORUM where your can ask for help about any PTE problem: experts will give you answers. Cici

> > >

Jerry (Bubba) and of course cici: Thanks for the info :D

Cici, the "Colours" show posted a while ago is both entertaining and well done. I am curious about the color flower, etc. images used. Did you just choose to make them compact or was it required for show timing to work on any machine? You have some fairly tight timing in the tri-photo view.

Jerry, cici - That rather abrupt and surprise ending worked fine on my 400MHz P2, 512MB, and was quite a surprise B)

Did you just choose to make them compact or was it required for show timing to work on any machine?

Hi Bill, Hi Jerry

I just choosed to make them compact to have no disproportinnately high single pictures.

I think, by my experience (not a long one, anyway) that my tight timings (synched in timeline) could have run well on every machine.

I choose no big size for my animation pictures though I think there is no problem even with bigger pictures (800x600) at the rate of 5 images per sec.