WnSoft Forums

Fonts for Text in PTEv5

fh1805

I'm not sure in which forum section this post should go. If the moderator feels its in the wrong place then please feel free to relocate it.

No matter what software I use for whatever task I might be doing, I always have difficulty choosing from the multitude of fonts offered to me. So, with PTEv5 I have done something to ease my pain. I offer it to the forum members in the hope that it might prove useful to others.

The attachment is a PTEv5-built zip file of the components of that sequence.

The sequence will change automatically every 4 seconds or you can manually control it via left-click to go forwards and right-click to go backwards.

The choice of fonts to include is very personal. As I worked steadily through all the fonts available on my system (Windows Vista), I selected those that I could see an immediate use for in current Work-in-Progress sequences and in old PTEv4 sequences that I am considering rebuilding under PTEv5.

Please feel free to plagiarise this work and customise it to suit your needs.

Fonts_for_Text_Aug23_2007_8_16_38.zip

Hi everyone,

Given that there is already a facility out there on the web to view and compare fonts, as Ken has kindly pointed out in his reply above, I'll not be taking this any further. Even though I have now rasterized the text files and cut another zip I will not be posting the new zip file.

Peter,

I would like to thank you for raising this subject as I have often wished such a tool existed. I'm sorry that you have put in so much effort but pleased to learn that at least you enjoyed doing it.

Thanks

John