WnSoft Forums

3D Typefonts

JEB

Does anybody know where I can acquire type fonts that will give a 3D effect?

I have used a font called Bastian, which creates the effect of leaning to the back and slightly to the right. I have been able to use that font in a fairly standard way in O&A with Zoom (from bottom to top) & Pan (large to small) to create the impression of the title disappearing into the distant horizon.

However what I would like is to have the text appear from the bottom of one side of the slide and disappear into the horizon at the top of the opposite side. This I suspect would require the font to have a perspective adjustment carried out in PS to make the text larger at one end (the trailing end) than at the opposite end. I have tried in PS to do this with Bastian but it doesn’t adjust all the elements of each character proportionately resulting in something that can’t be read.

Any advice would be welcome. I have tried searching on the web but have not come up with anything to date.

Regards

John

John,

"Xara 3D" creates good-looking 3-D type from any of the standard fonts, that you can orient in any direction or attitude, and apply lighting, shadows, etc. Then in Photoshop you can apply additional perspective control if you wish.

I agree 100% with Al - check out Xara, it's got everything you need and is infinitely adjustable in terms of font shape, 3D look, shadows, etc. Then, as Al says, you can then manipulate it further in Photoshop to get the exact look you want to achieve.

Lin

Thanks Gents,

I have had a look at their video, very sexy.

I have also downloaded their free trial of Vs5. Once I have had a play I will probably purchase either 5 or 6. There is a good deal available on 5 at the moment so will have a look see if 6 is worth it - any views?

John

Hi All,

Thank you all for your interest.

I have actually purchased "Xara 3D" Vs 6 and it would appear to be doing what I want. I think it is an application that I will make a lot of use of in the future.

Regards and thanks.

John

PS I have managed to download the PS Action but not yet figured out how to load it into PS but will continue to try to follow PS Help in this regard.