WnSoft Forums

O&A TIME LINE

JEB

Folks,

I think I may have raised this before but can’t remember the reaction.

I would really like to have, as an option, the ability to see the key points of more than one object displayed simultaneously on the O&A time line.

I appreciate that with many objects this would become very confusing. However, I feel that, perhaps by using different colours for each object, this could be overcome.

I can’t envisage a situation where one would want to show every key point for every object simultaneously, in a sequence of multiple objects but I am convinced that the ability to show the relationship between any two or perhaps three selected objects would be very useful.

The ability to optionally designate specific key points (e.g. Fade or end of Zoom) for different objects, to show on the time line, could be one way of achieving this without cluttering the time line.

Just a thought!

John

John,

I agree - this would be a handy feature if Igor can find a way to implement it without cluttering up the screen in the case of many objects and many timepoints.

In the meantime, if you are wanting to set the keypoints of one object to be the same as another, click on the keypoint for the one, make a note of it's "keypoint time" on the "Animation Tab", copy this value, and then enter the same value in "keypoint time" for the second object's keypoint. This will bring both keypoints into lock-step.

Al,

Thanks for that tip, I have played around with something like that I think but it can as you know be a bit clumsy.

Since making this post I thought of another possible approach.

Rather than having all objects key points on the same line, perhaps Igor may be able to provide multiple optional lines rather like in audio progs. such as Audition.

Just a thought!

Perhaps he who knows is listening!

Come to think of it I'm D.... certain he is!

Regards and out for a week - I'm off to The Gorges du Verdon - and I'm being allowed to take my camera!

John

John,

That sounds like a good solution - different tracks for the objects instead of all on all one sound track.

Another way to add a keypoint at the same position as for another object is to click on the keypoint for the first object, thus moving the cursor over to that position. Then select the second object without moving the cursor, and click on "+", which will add a new keypoint at exactly the same time as for the first object.

I envy you going to the "Gorges" - I was there a few years ago (with a camera) and found it very spectacular. Best of luck with the weather.