WnSoft Forums

About image size, dpi ctc.

Guest guru

Guest guru

I just discovered an interesting site about photo technics in general (in French), that have a very good section about image size, dpi, compression etc., both in French and in English (English version: http://www.gdesroches.com/formation/fnumerbase_en.htm, very useful for PTE users.

His author, Gérard, is an active member of Michel's French PTE forum (http://www.fanaphot.com/forum/).

Guru's Link

I just discovered an interesting site about photo technics in general (in French), that have a very good section about image size, dpi, compression etc.,

Hi Guru

Interesting site and simply put I think it will be help to lots of our members.

One thing I found interesting and have been meaning to ask Igor about for ages is:-

How difficult will it be Igor for you to build in support for JPEG2000 (.jp2). The undoubted advantages would be a help to all PTE users. more and more programs are now offering support and if we could take advantage of it we have good resolution with the advantage of smaller (???) exe files

Mike

Mersea Island

I have been in Prague for a break and a new show is on its way but may delay it because I was so impressed that I am taking the partner in September to do some pics.

Guest guru

Hi Lloegyr!

I think the problem is the Jpeg2000 licence, that is very expensive. We already asked Igor for this, and (as far as I remember) this was his reply.

By the way, I made few experiments some months ago with this new format, and I was not so enthusiast.