WnSoft Forums

Hold time points versus shift time points

potwnc

I like to "hold time points" when I need to but when I don't need to I find I have to re-synchronize everything!

So let's say I want to increase the on-screen duration of slide number 1 by 500 ms and I just want to have a "knock-on" effect where every following slide gets shifted by that same 500 ms value automatically. Is that already possible in 5.0? If so I can't figure out how to do it! If not, I'll request it in the request board.

Ray

Hi Ray,

I don't think that's possible unless each slide has an identical duration. Of course you can universally change the time for slides in the Project Options and apply to all slides, but that would be the same value. I'm assuming you have different values set for each slide so it wouldn't be presently possible to universally add an increment to each when they already have different values, at least I don't know how it could be done.

Best regards,

Lin

I like to "hold time points" when I need to but when I don't need to I find I have to re-synchronize everything!

So let's say I want to increase the on-screen duration of slide number 1 by 500 ms and I just want to have a "knock-on" effect where every following slide gets shifted by that same 500 ms value automatically. Is that already possible in 5.0? If so I can't figure out how to do it! If not, I'll request it in the request board.

Ray

Hi Ray

Unless I am getting you wrong can you not just select the next slide you need to shift (in the timeline mode) then hit SHIFT-END (This selects all slides to the right of your selected slide as well) then just drag however far left or right along the timeline as you need to go, all transition points will be bumped along the same amount.

You can even (after you have selected the transitions) hit the Timed Points button in the Timeline window and precisely enter a value to move the slides left or right.

If that is your problem hope it helps.

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew,

Yes that solves my problem... thanks!!!

I hope this gets added to the user guide as I'm sure others have had/will have the same need.

Ray

I just checked the User Guide and it's actually already there in 4.4.4.4

Best regards,

Lin

Andrew,

Yes that solves my problem... thanks!!!

I hope this gets added to the user guide as I'm sure others have had/will have the same need.

Ray