WnSoft Forums

A new slide show for review

Kim W

Hi,

I am new to the form and looking for suggestions. I have finished a new slide show and would appreciate any comments, suggestions, etc. This is the first time I have used Media Fire so I hope things work. If not let me know and I will look into it.

I hope you enjoy the show, and thanks for taking time to review it. You can down load it from:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2yng3yxbdyl

Thanks again,

Kim

Hello Kim,

I have just watched your slideshow and found it funky and enjoyable with a good choice of music and for me just about the right length(some go on far too long).

I would have liked to see more people on the machines(like the image with the girl) and also think a few images of them on the move would have made it even better, but perhaps that was not possible.

Thanks for sharing it and hope to see more of your work.

All the best Neil

Hi Kim,

Cool bikes and nice show! My only suggestion would be to use non-linear "smooth" on the zooms which would make the starts and stops less "abrupt". You can see how to do this in the User Guide on the tutorials section.

When and if you do this, you might click on the "blur" for those photos which have the really sharpened cooling fins on the cylinder heads which tend to shimmer a bit. The blur isn't sufficient to make the images less desirable but will cut the shimmer a bit especially for the slow start on non-linear smooth.

Nice music. You might want to lengthen the last slide a tad to end with the music.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi,

I am new to the form and looking for suggestions. I have finished a new slide show and would appreciate any comments, suggestions, etc. This is the first time I have used Media Fire so I hope things work. If not let me know and I will look into it.

I hope you enjoy the show, and thanks for taking time to review it. You can down load it from:

Thanks again,

Kim

"Hog Heaven." Thanks for the show Kim, I enjoyed it very much. Excellent choice of music, well presented images, good timing and I liked the the way you used B&W. All in all a very creative show.

I have a cousin and a nephew who own Harleys and as an old biker I jump at the chance to ride one, your show reminded me I haven't done that yet this year.

Only other comment I have is that I would love to have heard one or two of the bikes and I agree with Lin the ending could be improved with a little timing adjustment.

I tried to download your show amd received this message

"Invalid Quickkey. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team."

Have you removed it from mediafire?

Thanks,

Howard

Hi,

Thanks again,

Kim

To All,

Thanks for the suggestions and comments. They were very helpful. I changed the linear to smooth and used the blur on a couple of pictures, and it was a big improvement. I increased the time on the end and added Harley sounds at a few areas in the show. Unfortunately I didn't have any people/action shots that were good enough to add. Thanks again for your help.

Kim

Thanks for the suggestions and comments. They were very helpful. I changed the linear to smooth and used the blur on a couple of pictures, and it was a big improvement. I increased the time on the end and added Harley sounds at a few areas in the show. Unfortunately I didn't have any people/action shots that were good enough to add. Thanks again for your help.

Glad to have been of some help.

Kim have you posted the updated show? I/we would love to see it.

Hi,

Thanks again,

Kim

Hello Kim -

Wow, I was pleasantly surprised. The music was right on, the duration about right, and the imagery was exceptional. You are obviously no stranger to a camera. The only suggest I woud have, and it echos what someone said, begin your pans and zooms with a little less throttle and end them with a little less brake. Other than that, a great show!

Dave

Nice improvements Kim! The sound effects were used very well - the ending ride-off was a nice touch.

Something to think about for future shows might be to look into masking. You could zoom a few of the stills inside their frames (where you incrementally display multiple frames on the screen). Making up a few good masks would let you use them for different shows and not only pull two or three frames to view simultaneously, but also get some dynamics and animation on the individual frames where and if it would benefit the presentation. Used sparingly it can be a useful eye-catching effect.

Best regards,

Lin

To All,

I posted the update to the show. It's Hogs2 at:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cm1jjffd3yu

Thanks again for your comments,

Kim

I posted the update to the show. It's Hogs2

Like the new show Kim, better than the first. Sounds are good, (an improvement), and the ride off is a great ending.

You have a creative talent and I am looking forward to seeing more of your work, thanks for sharing.