WnSoft Forums

Transition jumps/starts again

lschwabe

Hello,

Maybe you good folks can help me figure this out. In a show that I'm trying to make, the second transition doesn't complete. It starts, gets partway, then jumps back to beginning point then proceeds normally from there.

It's always hiccups on the second transition, regardless of which file (all images sized to fit in 1024x768 box) and regardless of which transition. It does it in preview, and it does it in the exe file. The remainder of the transitions seem to work just fine.

The slide show is set to synchronize to music length, fade is not selected.

The machine is a PIII 933 with 256mb ram. PTE v4.01

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,

Lee Schwabe

San Antonio, TX

Hi, Lee,

You apparently have either not allowed sufficient time for the slide show to set itself up (you have to allow at least 3 seconds before you invoke the second slide) , or the transition times for the first couple of slides are too long for the time available.

Since you are synching to music length, with all slide times the same, I suspect you may have too many images, with transitions too long.

You may have to use a customized synch, allowing a little more time for the first couple of images, just to get the show started.

Or, you may have other processes running in the background, taking up valuable computer resources when you need everything you can get for PTE.

Hope this helps! :)

Hello Al,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I went into customize synchronization and looked at the transition points. All of them were at around 4 seconds between slides, except the second one, which had about abou two seconds worth of spacing. So, I moved the transition points a bit, and it plays nicely now.

Thanks again,

Lee