WnSoft Forums

play on secondary monitor

Hello, Kipp,

Welcome to the Forum!

There is a way to do this, but it may not be satisfactory in all instances.

If you select "windowed mode" in "Proj Ops / Screen / Screen Options" instead of "Fullscreen", you can then drag the resulting window in which the slideshow is playing over to the second monitor.

• 7 months later...

I've used the windowing techniue earlier just for this purpose, but I really didn't like it. You don't have the same dynamic sizing of the slideshow as the standard non-windowed mode, and it doesn't look very professional when you start and stop these windowed showes by moving them it and out of the public visible sreen. I have to be honest to say that this was the main reason stopping using picturetoexe 1 - 2 years back. (also the lack of panning and zooming..... which now seems to be very well implemented)

For a while I've used other products, for instance the very simple Microsoft product Photostory 2.0 to generate wmv-format video, but I've missed many of the more advanced features in PTE, so now I'll give it a new try. I probably will upgrade to the delux version and use that to generate DVD.....and then I can control it to be viewed on a seconday monitor.

I do wonder though what's the hard thing about giving such a option, is..... It must be a very esay task to solve, compared to all the other very advanced functions that these clever programmers make in PTE. :D