WnSoft Forums

Help-Avi-file for Youtube submission?

pyromomma

Hello

I have been using the registered version of P2Exe (basic) and love it. Now I want to put some of my slideshows on Youtube for my Scout Troop.

I do not want to burn them, just save on my computer so that I can upload them.

I cannot seem to save them as an avi file ????

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Also what settings should I set them at

I am a real newbie at this and have never handled video files before.

Thanks

Lorie in SC

Hi Lorie,

It's very easy to create an AVI file for use on Youtube. To do this you need to click on Video then on Create AVI file. Next you need to check "create a custom AVI file" then choose an appropriate Codec. Codecs are compress/decompress algorithms which vary on different computers because they are not something which actually "comes with" your operating system but are installed by varios programs which you may have installed. The one most commonly used and which works very well is Microsoft Video Codec 4 which you may or may not have resident on your computer.

If you don't have it, you can download free codec "packs" which let you selectively install different codecs. The on I suggest is ACE Mega Codec pack which you can easily find by doing a Google search. You download it, then install the software then it lets you choose the codecs you want to install. You certainly don't need or want to install all of them but just choose the Microsoft Video codec 4 and install it. Once its installed it will show up on the list of codecs you see when you right click on the arrow beside the Video Codecs.

Just choose this and remember that for Youtube you don't want the size to be too large because it just takes additional resources and time for them to compress.

As Ken suggested, you may want to let them have access to the full sized executable slideshow but remember that if they use a Mac they "may" not have software allowing them to see it. On the other hand the quality would be much better than a small AVI on Youtube.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello

I have been using the registered version of P2Exe (basic) and love it. Now I want to put some of my slideshows on Youtube for my Scout Troop.

I do not want to burn them, just save on my computer so that I can upload them.

I cannot seem to save them as an avi file ????

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Also what settings should I set them at

I am a real newbie at this and have never handled video files before.

Thanks

Lorie in SC

Welcome Lorie,

For your slideshows to be accessed by your scout troop you should consider using "Mediafire". It's free, you upload your slideshow .exe and send emails to the prospective viewers telling them where to find it.

www.mediafire.com

Fabulous site, thank you!

I am using it now.

(Also discovered the link to the PC magazine article here, good stuff to read later --

But I still need to know how to convert a slide show to a useable file to upload onto YouTube.

The youth in the troop want to have their own personalized shows that they can use on their Facebooks, MySpace etc. as an embedded show, and we are encouraging them to so this to help recruit their friends into the troop (we are a high-adventure troops and we have tons of fun - not geeky like some think the Scouts are).

Perhaps I should be using something else? I am running Windows XP.

But I still need to know how to convert a slide show to a useable file to upload onto YouTube.

Welcome to the world of PTE A-Vs and the user forum Lorie, you will find lots of help and advice here.

The advice posted above by Lin is sound and covers everything you need to get your show up on YouTube. :)

IF you go get the tutorial

PTE USER GUIDE COMPLETED, PDF format PicturesToExe User Guide

PTE V5 Tutorial

Link to tutorial below:

http://www.lin-evans.net/pteuserguide/pteguide81707pdf.zip

--section 6 there is a description and pictures creating an avi

you want to create a custom avi and as Lin suggests look for the

Microsoft Video Codec 4 in the roll down window

ken

Pyomomma,

U-Tube is a Video submission and streaming Video System and you will find that the submitted Videos

and Quasi-Stereo Sounds can't be copied ~ Copyright reasons.

Firstly you will need to learn about U-Tube and how its done and they have an excellent Tutorial

all about this.

Secondly you will need to get your PTE Show into an acceptable Format suitable for U-Tube submission.

This is indeed possible using the PTE Program but you will need to address your special query to the PTE

Video Forum which is selectable when you "Log-On" to the Forums Web-Page.

Below is a"Link" to the U-Tube Tutorial ~ How to do it ~ simply click on the Link. !

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/?hl=en_US

Brian.Conflow.

• 2 years later...

Why not simply use the 'Upload to UTube' option right there in Pictures To Exe (Create options)

I don't really see the need for AVI's at all.

If you are going to upload to UTube, then I suggest that you create your slide shows in High Definition (HD) in the first place.

This will maintain a very good quality which might be lost otherwise. Please visit my web site to see examples of what I mean

You will also find some of my stuff on Utube in HD so you will be able to see the difference between standard and HD shows.

I was once a Boy Scout, way way back in my younger days and I applaud the work that you do. If I can help in any way,

please email me. (see link below)

Ron

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...