WnSoft Forums

Make AVI crashes PTE

bogaertb

Hi,

When trying to produce a stand-alone AVI using Make AVI I'm getting PTE crashes.

I installed Ace Mega codec pack (professional option).

In Make AVI I selected a microsoft mpeg4 (but i happens with others too):

- privileged instruction

- crash in ptevideo

- pte crash when leaving the program.

Opening the list of Codecs seems to have corrupted something since after that I need to exit the program and start it again.

I've taken some snapshots:

MakeAVI.png

SelectAVI.png after selecting the codec (I did not get the privileged instruction error at that time)

aprErr.png

I do have to say that "someting" happened to my PC since installing updates from the Windows site no longer works either (I get access denied error although I have admin rights). The only thing that was installed lately was Ace mega codec pack and Netbeans (by my son).

I hope that I'm not ending up by having to completely re-install my system.

post-1939-1193433045_thumb.png

post-1939-1193433058_thumb.png

post-1939-1193433066_thumb.png

Hi,

When trying to produce a stand-alone AVI using Make AVI I'm getting PTE crashes.

I installed Ace Mega codec pack (professional option).

In Make AVI I selected a microsoft mpeg4 (but i happens with others too):

- privileged instruction

- crash in ptevideo

- pte crash when leaving the program.

Opening the list of Codecs seems to have corrupted something since after that I need to exit the program and start it again.

I've taken some snapshots:

MakeAVI.png

SelectAVI.png after selecting the codec (I did not get the privileged instruction error at that time)

aprErr.png

I do have to say that "someting" happened to my PC since installing updates from the Windows site no longer works either (I get access denied error although I have admin rights). The only thing that was installed lately was Ace mega codec pack and Netbeans (by my son).

I hope that I'm not ending up by having to completely re-install my system.

Bart,

I think this problem is quite simple:- You seem to be running your PTE Program in the "English Language"

but you are running the AVI Builder in "Dutch/German ?" ~ this would certainly create the unusual "Access Violations" as the AVI Builder (as currently used) can not understand English !!

Check it out...

Brian.Conflow.

Brian,

Thanks for the reponse... but no good: changed the language to English (from Dutch) but it is exactly the same: PTE gets an access violation.

Must be something else wrong with the system installation in that case?

Regards, Bart

Bart,

Just to remind you, if you are using XP-SP2, you can restore the PC.System back

to a known 'Good Operation Date' without having to Re-Install the OP.System.

That "Restore Utility" should be somewhere within the "Start Menu Programs" Lists.

Thats:- Start Button -->Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools etc,etc;

Brian.Conflow.

P.S It might be worth your while trying out "PixBuilder Studio" see PTE Home Page.

Bryan,

I know: I already did that but to no avail. I think making a mistake afterwards by trying to "restore" XP using the install disk. I think that I will re-install the system since I only installed this PC a month or 2 ago and there is not that much on the system. Installing takes some time but I think I will be better off after that.

Is there a specific reason for your suggestion on PixBuilder? How does it compare to Photoshop (or Gimp)?

Regards, Bart

Thanks Igor,

I have removed the codec pack in the mean time. I am currently using the PTE video codec and TMPGenc to save to a stand-alone AVI file. I don't know which one is the best. I now tried a few (via googling) but it seems that this combination is the best I can find.

Any other experiences are welcome.

My congratulations for this great program! I recommend it to people looking for slideshow programs.

Best regards, Bart

Bart,

Thats good advice from Igor ~ I only hope its not too late and that you have not as yet "Re-Installed" XP.

By some fortune if you have not re-installed XP yet ~ make sure you go and find your "Drivers Folder"

and make a copy of this to a Memory-Pen, because the re-install tends to wipe out imported non-generic

drivers but also over-writes imported ocx's ~ You will really need that Driver Folder on re-install.

Don't trust the Installer Copy of your old System !

Also "Link" to the Microsoft Site and get it to Scan your PC for possible errors.

Link Below

http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...-us&muopt=1

Brian.Conflow.

Bart,

Thats good advice from Igor ~ I only hope its not too late and that you have not as yet "Re-Installed" XP.

By some fortune if you have not re-installed XP yet ~ make sure you go and find your "Drivers Folder"

and make a copy of this to a Memory-Pen, because the re-install tends to wipe out imported non-generic

drivers but also over-writes imported ocx's ~ You will really need that Driver Folder on re-install.

Don't trust the Installer Copy of your old System !

Also "Link" to the Microsoft Site and get it to Scan your PC for possible errors.

Link Below

http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...-us&muopt=1

Brian.Conflow.

Thanks Brian,

I did not (yet) re-install XP. I would like to finish this project first but there are some strange things on my system:

- itunes no longer starts

- DVD architect reports a problem with QuickTime.qts (but works, so that's ok)

- I can't remove Quicktime to re-install it (there is an error during the uninstall). I used a 'remover' from the microsoft side but even this one reported a problem.

I will try your suggestion to scan the PC for possible errors first.

Regards, Bart

Bart,

Nothing wrong thats the way it is ~ Realtime and Adobe and Quicktime and Norton and Macromedia

install Files within the "Microsoft Shared Programs Folder" and their Uninstall is never successful until

you remove those Files from that Folder.

You then need to use a Reg-Cleaner to remove the now 'dud entries' from the 'File of Types Folder' -

dont try this manually. Use Win Iobit Cleaner (its Free) and its damn good.

These 'orphan Files' will drive you mad with them trying to find the parent Files so they have to go ~

Its very much like PTE when it looses an Image ~ it nags you till you find it ~ unless you open the

Program and find the "1kB Pointer" (where the image used to be) and then delete the pointer !!

Link: http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html

Brian.Conflow.