WnSoft Forums

On Using New Manual Advance in 5.1 Betas

Lin Evans

I remembered a question someone had concerning how to make some slides auto-advance and how to make others Pause until a keystroke or mouse click to advance. I couldn't find the discussion so I thought I would shed some light on this.

There are two ways in 5.1 beta (beta two right now) to set up this manual advance with transitions, etc., feature. The first way is to go to Project Options, Main Tab then check "Wait for a Key Press or Mouse Click to Show Next Slide". This way sets a universal which over-rides the individual timings for each slide and allows the user to have a totally manual slide show with transitions in the "forward" movement between slides. This may be coupled with the Navigation Bar and still allows other features such as quick change to next slide without transitions, etc., by clicking the Pause button as with 5.0 and as explained in the User Guide.

The other way allows the user to customize so as to program the Manual Advance only for selected slides and otherwise to advance according to the timings set for each individual slide.

The way this is done is to select individual slides either one at a time or in groups in the slide list from the Main Screen then click on the "Customize Slide" and choose Main Tab. Directly underneath the (Display slide for) so many seconds, etc., is a line: By default (use timer to show next slide) with a place to click on a down arrow which reveal a drop-down pick-list having several choices. One of these choices will allow you to assign the Manual Advance feature to only those slides or slide selected. In this manner you will be able to customize this new feature to one or more slides.

As with other Windows operations, you can select more than one slide in the slide list by holding down either the CTRL key and clicking on each iindividual slide to be included in the selection, or you can select a group of contiguous slides by clicking on either the first or last slide then holding down the Shift key on the keyboard and clicking on the opposite. That is click on the first then hold the Shift Key and click on the last in the block or vice versa.

Lin

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to this forum, having just purchased the $39 version yesterday. I can't seem to find the "Wait for a Key Press or Mouse Click to Show Next Slide" function. I have a slide show for a civic group on Friday and would like to override the automatic timing mode and go strictly manual. If I could run the show by pressing a key that would make my day. I've looked for solutions in some previous postings, but can't seem to find my solution. Do I need an upgrade to get this feature, or am I missing something?

Thanks....

Hello Waveski,

The feature you are looking for was introduced in PTE Version 5.1 beta 1. We are now at beta 4.

The current beta can be downloaded from the 'Pictures to Exe' section of this forum without overwriting your Version 5.0.

Then follow the insructions given by Lin Evans in the post before yours in this forum section.

Hope this helps,

Limey.