WnSoft Forums

RPS IRIS-25 Comp

bjc

www.iris-25.rps.org

Igor…. I have just read today (in the Royal Photographic Society ‘Journal’ ) about the RPS IRIS-25 AV Competition.

My congratulations go to you for your involvement and generosity with regards to this project. Not only are you to be one of the judges but you are also making PTE available (free of charge) to schools, colleges, groups and individual children wishing to take part in this AV competition.

I am sure all the Forum members will join me in wishing you all the very best with this project. It will hopefully introduce a whole new generation of young people to the potential of AV, and with any luck, an influx of new PTE users and Forum members for the benefit of all.

Well done Igor, I’m sure your generosity will not go unrewarded.

Best wishes,

bjc

I would also like to thank Igor for his help and generosity with this new project.

I know some schools and colleges have already taken advantage of this generosity and I have very recenetly worked in a school with some children aged 8 to 11 years, who have quickly learnt how to use PTE and produced very simple stories with their pictures and either printed text or added their voices. I hope they will continue and send entries in to this competition.

I would also like to thank all those friends who have sent me details of schools, colleges and contacts who I can send publicity about this new competition. :rolleyes:

I will be posting Igor my copy of the RPS Journal (magazine) so he can read the article for himself.

I am hoping this competition will encourage young people from all over the world to enjoy digital audio visual photography. It is all taking up a great deal of my time so I am not very active in the Forum at present. :unsure:

I hope everyone will please circulate the information in your region and encourage young people to take part. :D

Many thanks

Maureen

• 4 weeks later...

We are highly delighted that Igor has agreed to judge the new IRIS-25 competition and look forward to welcoming him to England in June. :D:D:D

Thank You Igor. :D

We also have another four excellent judges and some very good cash and other prizes for the young people taking part. I do hope this will be a trully International competition with entries from all over the world.

Please encourage young people, schools and colleges in your areas to take part. Please also post the information on any other Photographic Forums you belong to.

I am very grateful for all those who have already contacted schools and colleges in their locality, now we need the entries.

Many Thanks Everyone, :rolleyes:

Wishing you all a Happy Christmas too,

Love

Maureen

• 1 month later...

We have been able to send out the information about the new IRIS-25 to lots of photographic magazines, websites and young people's publications. Now some of the UK Daily papers are interested in covering it. We have had interest from some youngsters but I am hoping for more response from colleges and schools. If you have any ideas how we could contact and interest them, please could you let me know? I am very grateful to those who have already responded to my requests. :)

Please let me know also if you spot any news item in a website or news article somewhere.

Just to let you know of some of the publicity the IRIS-25 and of course Pictures to Exe is receiving.

So far UK interest has been shown by : the National Geographic Kids Magazine and they are going to feature IRIS-25 on their website and are also considering it for the magazine

Step Ahead Magazine which is a high circulation (40,000) monthly that covers modern family life including health, education, what's happening in schools, competitions etc etc. It is circulated predominantly in Essex and is also distributed in school book bags in Essex junior schools,

- teacher trade and student press contacted before Christmas.

- 'children's' magazines (Sugar, Bliss, Shout etc)

- education correspondents at National Newspapers.

- Art of England Magazine is going to include IRIS-25 in the news section of the March issue (which comes out in February). It's a good publication to get into as it has a high circulation of 12,000 and is distributed internationally.

Channel 4

there's an article about IRIS-25 running on Photography Blog. Here's the direct link:http://www.photographyblog.com/index.php/w..._for_under_25s/

the Photographic Society of New Zealand's publication Cameratalk (similar to the RPS Journal I imagine) is going to include new of IRIS-25 in the next issue

homepage of Digital Photographer Magazine http://www.dphotographer.co.uk/ and in the In Focus News section

I have been in to my local school and targeting the scout and guide groups too.

Sent out e-mails to photographic departments, but still need lots more to contact.

Thanks to all those who are helping, especially Igor. :D

:rolleyes:

</FONT>