WnSoft Forums

5.0 version... transition issue

ChristineD

I have the version 5.0 of PicturesToExe... The transitions seem to work fine when previewing in the program itself, but once I transfer the slideshow to AVI format, the transitions are choppy and not smooth. I used to have an older version and had no problems with this. Someone please help as I have a deadline tomorrow morning. Thanks.

I have the version 5.0 of PicturesToExe... The transitions seem to work fine when previewing in the program itself, but once I transfer the slideshow to AVI format, the transitions are choppy and not smooth. I used to have an older version and had no problems with this. Someone please help as I have a deadline tomorrow morning. Thanks.

Version 5 is different from earlier versions, in that it uses the graphics card much more intensively than Version 4 did. It sounds like your graphics card is not up to the job with v. 5.

You don't say exactly what you are doing, but you can assist the graphics chip by reducing the size of your slide images to 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 pixels, whatever your computer screen is set to, specially if you are using high quality images straight out of your camera, typically several megabytes each, whereas a 1024 x 768 image is only about 400-odd kilobytes, much easier on your system

Don't be caught by looking at your image sizes on the disk, if they are jpeg they may report as a megabyte more or less, but as an image they expand to full size, maybe six or more times bigger, that PTE has to handle.

If all else fails, you can still download 4.48 and use that - it should recognise your existing ver. 5 key.

Let's know how you get on,

Colin

If you transfer slideshow to AVI format, there should be no difference between v4.48 and v5.x because final result will be in fixed video format.

Probably you created AVI file (in temporal AVI codec) and watched it in media player? In this case it was not true fixed video file and had to convert it to DivX or MPEG4 final AVI file.

Also you can use VideoBuilder to create perfect DVD-Video disc or as MPEG2 files.

ChristineD,

If creating Custom AVI with selected video codec ... you may need to adjust the compression settings to a higher quality (or use less compression). Use the Video Compression | Configure (button) of the selected codec if optons to adjust are avail.

* Too low of quality setting (or high compression) can cause the choppy issue on certain slide tranistions used.

ChristineD,

If creating Custom AVI with selected video codec ... you may need to adjust the compression settings to a higher quality (or use less compression). Use the Video Compression | Configure (button) of the selected codec if optons to adjust are avail.

* Too low of quality setting (or high compression) can cause the choppy issue on certain slide tranistions used.

Where do I find compression settings?

ChristineD,

Which Video Codec are you using to create your Custom AVI Video File ?

Not all video codecs have support/limited adjustable output configurations. Your selected codec developer may/may not provide configuration features. If no options are avail to adjust ... the Configure button will be greyed out/no action when clicked.

post-45-1195851312_thumb.jpg