WnSoft Forums

Running a PTE on a iMac with XP on it...

Hello,

I'm running PTE's on a iMac with XP on it... so far, so good...

But there is a problem will running the PTE's ... sometimes the PTE had in a NO RESPONDING state, sometimes the show is getting delay's....

Additional information: we run in 16:9, full screen .... the videocard is a ATI Mobility XT 1600 HD (so we running HD!)

Anyone a idea what the problem can be?

First VISTA was installed on that machien, so I changed it to XP!!!! but that didn't help

Regard,

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

I have no experience with iMacs but the sort of things that would be going through my mind would be:

- what other software is running in the background (e.g. software updates being downloaded from the Internet, anti-virus/anti-spyware scans running automatically)

- what size are the image files? (I have no experience of HD so do not know whether the files sizes I use would be the same as yours. If the file sizes are unnecessarily large that can cause problems running the show with some graphics cards)

- does the "Not Responding" fault occur always at the same point in the same show? (If so, what exactly is happening in the show at that point? Check all the options that you have selected for the failing slide, the previous slide and the next slide)

I cannot tell you what exactly is going wrong but hopefully I might have given you some points to investigate further yourself.

very strange ? Mayby... the only reason I'm using Windows is to run PTE... so I doesn't know if the problem occurs with other programs as we...

So I never run such a test... What I do know is, is that this index rate given by VISTA to that machine is 5.0... And that is quite high...

On the web, I have seen that many gamers also have problems with dual core processors... May It's intresting to send you the PTE-exe....

The PTE had to run on a dual screen with a resolution of 1920 x..... (HD)

Kurt,

Not knowing you monitor's native/optimum resolution ... but your 1920 x..... setting may be too demanding of your video card to run your show smoothly.

Progressively lower your screen resolution settings to see if your issue resolves.

* If your image size is too large ... this can also add to your issue.