WnSoft Forums

Customise Start up window in PTE5

Antbrewer

This may be difficult to explain....but here goes.

In PTE4.48 in which I am very familiar and use a lot the 'Customise Startup window' in Project options 'main' tab will allow a window ( of one's choosing ) to be displayed before the show starts....This is displayed on the background created in the 'screen' menu in the project options box. All very straight forward and ideal for a short verbal intro before the show.

However in PTE5 this 'Start up' window appears with the desktop and icons etc visible around the edges. I cannot seem to override this effect. Is it me or am I missing something?

Folks,

Is it me or has nobody answered the last part of Antbrewer's question. "'Start up' window appears with the desktop and icons etc visible around the edges".

Perhaps there is no solution. I have always just accepted that my desktop would be partially visible. If there is a solution to this I would love to know what it is.

Yours hopefully (as ever),

John

I looked back at the previous problem (Beta 10 or 11) and found that, at that time, the start-up window was larger than monitor size making it impossible to click on buttons which were off-screen.

Igor recognized a problem and said he had corrected it. However, I don't use Start-up Window and did not realise that it has been the way it is now since Igor "corrected" it.

Having spoken with some people who DO use it the concensus is that it would be nice if it did fill the screen.

Sorry about the confusion.

DaveG

I looked back at the previous problem (Beta 10 or 11) and found that, at that time, the start-up window was larger than monitor size making it impossible to click on buttons which were off-screen.

Igor recognized a problem and said he had corrected it. However, I don't use Start-up Window and did not realise that it has been the way it is now since Igor "corrected" it.

Having spoken with some people who DO use it the concensus is that it would be nice if it did fill the screen.

Sorry about the confusion.

DaveG

Thank you DaveG for coming back so soon.

I do not need it to fill the screen only to appear on a background and not the computer desktop with the icons etc. However if it filled the whole screen that would okay too.

Even with the 'run' button (the only one I have on that window) off the screen due to the window's size I just hit the 'enter' key to start the show running. I appreciate the show will fill the screen in Version 5 but it's just a 'messy' introduction using this window unlike the professional appearance of 4.48.

Anthony