WnSoft Forums

"Playing this disk prohibited by area limits"

dechols

Mr. Echols,

"Playing this disk prohibited by area limits".

Messages such as this are from using DVD/NTSC coded disc in a PAL Player/TV system ... or vise versa. Check NTSC or PAL setting in Video Builder for your area of use or distribution.

* PCs can play/encode DVDs in either NTSC or PAL. Player/TV systems are regional specific.

Regions Link :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC

Mr. Echols,

Messages such as this are from using DVD/NTSC coded disc in a PAL Player/TV system ... or vise versa. Check NTSC or PAL setting in Video Builder for your area of use or distribution.

* PCs can play/encode DVDs in either NTSC or PAL. Player/TV systems are regional specific.

Regions Link :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC

If I take the original DVD that I burned through WnSoft Video Builder it operates fine on my TV. But if I take this same dvd and copy it using the Sonic software these copies don't work.

Please forgive me if this sounds repetetive but after checking out your links I still don't understand how it works from Video Builder and not after being copied again using copying software for dvd's.

Where do you live? If you live in the U.S. you need to use NTSC as your encoding. If you live in most European countries you use PAL.

It sounds very much like there may be a setting in the Sonic software which is used during the copy process to encode for either PAL or NTSC. It also sounds like the original is properly encoded. Check the Sonic software parameters and be sure there isn't some choice and that if there is you have selected the proper one for your area of the world.

Best regards,

Lin

If I take the original DVD that I burned through WnSoft Video Builder it operates fine on my TV. But if I take this same dvd and copy it using the Sonic software these copies don't work.

Please forgive me if this sounds repetetive but after checking out your links I still don't understand how it works from Video Builder and not after being copied again using copying software for dvd's.

I know you guy's must be on the right track. Although I've been using PTE for 4-5 years I am still a novice. I just use it for special occasions.

This Christmas project I'm hoping to have ready is about our families Christmas for the past 30 years. I lost my sister to cancer in July, and I know this dvd is sad but I'm hoping it will help us to look ahead.

I live in the USA (Georgia).

Thanks again for all your help. I'm running out of time because I have to leave in about an hour to see other family and want be back here until late. I may have to show one of the DVD's that work and re-burn the gifts at a later date.

Merry Christmas,

Dennis

Merry Christmas, Dennis

Check your Sonic Software or any tools that will provide you DVD Disc Information. Nero provides 'Nero Info Tool' which can diplay info about the disc itself. Compare your working discs to your non-working discs info.

If you have any such tools ... check your disc/s for information provided such as this :

-Video Format : NTSC

-Regions : All

Nero tool example:

post-45-1198578338_thumb.jpg