WnSoft Forums

Button action error

fh1805

I have encountered what seems to be a bug with the programmable button actions in version 5.1

I am constructing a manually controlled illustrated talk sequence and making extensive use of programmed buttons to control the flow of the sequence. On slide #15 I have eight buttons. Each button is programmed with the "Action on mouse click" set to "Go to slide number ...". The target slides are nos 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 and 74. Slides 67-71 have a png file as their main image. Slides 72-74 have a jpg file as their main image.

In preview mode, when I click on any of the first five buttons on slide #15, I get sent to slide #72. This is the first slide after the actual target that has a jpg as its main image.

I've run a few simple checks and I can reprogram this button to go to any slide that has a jpg as its main image. If I reprogram it to go to a slide whose main image is a png file the action seems to "hunt" forward to the next slide with a jpg main image.

Is this a bug? Or are we restricted to having only jpg files as main images?

This is only a concern, at present, because I cannot see all the objects on an image in the slide list or in the little preview pane. Roll on v5.2 when Igor adds this function in!

Igor, if "bug fixing" this in v5.1 is going to take a lot of effort, forget it. Concentrate on v5.2 please.

Solved it!

Not a bug - but user error (I hang my head in shame!).

I had started the build of this show under v5.04. Because I wanted manual control I had set the default slide time to 600seconds. This morning I opened the file in v5.1 and in Project Option... Main... I ticked the option "Wait for a key press or mouse click to show next slide". I naively assumed that I would not now need to set the slide duration at all and reduced it to zero seconds. However I failed to click on "Set for existing slides" so only the new additions took this value.

What has been happening is that the button has been going to slide 67 but then processing this and the next four images without displaying any of them because they all had a zero duration. Slide 72 was the next slide to have a non-zero duration.

By resetting the default slide duration to 600 seconds AND Setting for existing slides properly - all now works as expected.

That's half a day and no real progress - except in my knowledge. But it's "sussed" now.

I may not deserve it but I need a good stiff whisky after that battle.

Season's greetings to all who read this.