WnSoft Forums

Instructions

shirleyhogan

I know how to do Pans and Zooms in Microsoft Photostory 3 but I can't figure our how to do them in Pictures2exe.

I know that I should click on my slide at the bottom to bring it on the top right of screen and then click the Objects and Animations button. I know I should do "something" on the Animations Tab.

Can someone either direct me to a simple sample or give me instructions?

Thanks for any help.

Shirley

Hi Shirley.

Nothing could be easier than doing a basic pan or zoom in PTE.

Let's start with a zoom:

1. Put your slides in the slide list

2. Click on the first slide in the list to highlight

3. Click on the Objects and Animations button

4. Left click on the timeline near the far right side and a little blue arrow pointing upward appears

5. Press the Insert key on the keyboard and a new Keypoint appears

6. Next to the "Close" button on top of your screen just over the picture click on the little blue down arrow and change to 50 percent from the drop down menu

7. Click on the little square on the upper right side of the picture, hold down the left mouse key and drag the image to make it larger

Press the Preview and see the result of your zoom.

Once you do this you should download the User Guide, read it and you will learn how to fine tune zooms, pans rotates. They are all done in a very similar fashion.

The essence of all pan, zoom or rotate is that you begin with an image of some predetermined position and size then you create a keypoint further along the timeline which represents real time and you visually change the pan zoom or rotate while this second keypoint is selected. Then the program automatically creates all the intermediate images which are needed to make the effect work.

Whether you are dealing with pan, zoom, rotate or a combination of these the basics are the same. After you learn the basics then you can easily learn to choose the default of "linear" or you can choose smooth, etc., for the movement. Everything is carefully explained in the User Guide and there are numerous AV tutorials available to show you how to do this with PTE. It may at first seem complicated but it is really very easy if you just remember the above paragraph.

I made you a brief AVI tutorial so you can see exactly how to do this. Download here about 40 meg.

http://www.lin-evans.net/tutorial/pzr.avi

Lin

I made you a brief AVI tutorial so you can see exactly how to do this. Download here about 40 meg.

http://www.lin-evans.net/tutorial/pzr.avi

Lin

Lin, thanks SO much from another beginner!

I have downloaded and watched your avi and it is great!

So nice to "see it done" rather than reading how to do it.

I suggest your post and link should be made "sticky"

and kept at the top for us beginners.

Thanks again for taking the time!!

Peace!

KyDan

Louisville, Kentucky home of the Louisville Slugger bat!

Yes, PicturesToExe is now at version 5.1 which you can download from the llnk on the forum here:

http://wnsoft.com/apr/index.html

Download and install and your original key will be good for all subsequent upgrades of the basic program. Also go to the Tutorials section and at the top download and read the 130 page User Guide in PDF format.

If you decide you need the Video Builder portion that's a $20 upgrade and the upgrades on Video Builder are good for two years.

Best regards,

Lin

Is this only available in a special version? I have 4.48 and cannot find the objects/animation button.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hi Lin;

I read your post with the basic instructions on how to create a pan and zoom. Thanks very much - I have been trying to fugure that out.

One other question - I have PTE 5.1 Deluxe with free upgrades for life but I have not purchased Video Builder for $20. Your thoughts please on Video Builder - is it a good addition, etc. I am currently using Pro Show Gold to create DVD slide shows for my photography clients.

Thanks very much for your help!

Hi Lin;

One other question - I have PTE 5.1 Deluxe with free upgrades for life but I have not purchased Video Builder for $20. Your thoughts please on Video Builder - is it a good addition, etc. I am currently using Pro Show Gold to create DVD slide shows for my photography clients.

The Video Builder extension to PTE Version 5 is a must for anyone wanting to make DVD's quickly and easily. I can recommend it!

Ron West

Hi Bill,

I agree with Ron that it's a very good addition to the basic PTE program because it makes creating DVD's a snap with your PTE shows. It's continually being upgraded and has a two year free upgrade policy so well worth it.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin;

I read your post with the basic instructions on how to create a pan and zoom. Thanks very much - I have been trying to fugure that out.