WnSoft Forums

File not recognized !

joe_english

Are you trying to open and run a PTE file on a second computer? If you "create slideshow" or "create slideshow as" on the original machine it will create a .exe file that will run on any Windows machine. If you are trying to "run" a PTE file on a second machine without PTE being installed it clearly won't work. Good luck.

On another note, can you email slide shows or screen savers ?

Joe,

Welcome to the Forum!

Completed shows (in ".exe" form") are usually quite large (up to 100 Mb in some cases). The music alone typically contributes 5 to 10 Mb to the file size. The email system is not designed to handle large files, so one has to resort to other means for sending them to friends and family.

There are several websites which help you send large files, and others which allow you to upload your files and make them available to others. One of the most efficient of these is "MediaFire" (in fact I'm downloading a 53 Mb file right now while writing this). It's web address is http://www.mediafire.com and it allows you to upload a file and then send the address at which it is located to one or a number of other people for downloadin. Another is "Dropload" which allows you to send a large file to a specific friend or relative.

Joe

I have had this question posed me only recently and the problem was that the Project files was being copied accross to another computer and not the EXE file.

The project file only tels PTE where your images and music is located for the slide show. Its not the slide show itself.

Make sure your copying the EXE file and not the .pte file.