WnSoft Forums

Creation of special effects

Gypsey

I notice that many of the templates providing special effects use Photoshop to create the effect.

Qu. Can all of the effects offerred as templates by Dom and others be created directly in pte

Arthur

Hi Arthur,

No, PTE isn't a graphics file creation program. Except for creating text and PNG text with shadows, pages of background color and gradients, etc., it isn't designed to do the work of Photoshop or other specialized graphics programs. What it does is "manipulate" files in many innovative ways. It can change or distort the X and Y axis and via the parent/child relationships alter the Z axis to accomplish animations and effects not possible with most if not all other presentation slideshow programs.

Programs like Photoshop are primarily designed to create graphics and presentation slideshow programs like PTE are designed to manipulate graphics. Though each has some cross-platform ability they have distinctly different orientations.

Best regards,

Lin

I notice that many of the templates providing special effects use Photoshop to create the effect.

Qu. Can all of the effects offerred as templates by Dom and others be created directly in pte

Arthur

Thanks for your quick and precise response.

If my subsequent questions get answered so precisely, I shall be very happy.

Kind regards

Arthur

And Arthur, don't forget that with Photoshop Elements 6 we have an affordable version of Photoshop with a lot of possiblities for users of PtoE to work with. Photoshop CS3 is a very expensive application and for 99% I can realise anything I need for PtoE with Elements...

Henri. :rolleyes:

And Arthur, don't forget that with Photoshop Elements 6 we have an affordable version of Photoshop with a lot of possiblities for users of PtoE to work with. Photoshop CS3 is a very expensive application and for 99% I can realise anything I need for PtoE with Elements...

Thanks Henri

I do use Elements 5 which does not have the Actions feature. Is this available in Elements 6.

I am not an expert with Photoshop but I think Elements will be able to handle anything that I want to do.

Arthur

Hello Arthur,

you wrote:

"I do use Elements 5 which does not have the Actions feature. Is this available in Elements 6."

"I am not an expert with Photoshop but I think Elements will be able to handle anything that I want to do."

I 'm still using version 5 too, so I don't know about the Actions in version 6, sorry.

As I said before, I'm convinced that Elements is well suited for PtoE users; and concerning the price of PS CS3, I think that the price of Elements also is more on PtoE level.

gr.

My understanding of the Actions feature in Photoshop v7 and CS versions is that it allows you to automate tasks. In other words, if you find yourslf doing the same things to several images, you can set up an Action so that they are performed automatically one after the other. For most hobbyist users of PTE I suspect it is unusual to want to do that sort of thing in Photoshop; except perhaps to automatically adjust contrast, sharpen and resize images. All these last three can be automated in Elements by using the File...Process Multiple Files... command.