WnSoft Forums

Rotation challenge?

wideangle

In the light of Lin Evan's new tutorials on rotation etc, which I must say are excellent,I just wonder if this is a good time to mention this.

Imagine a table in front of you with a small photo lying on it. Is there a way of rotating the photo along its front edge so that it stands up, then letting it zoom towards you to fill more of the screen?

I recollect in a thread somewhere that Lin talked about rotation in X, Y and Z directions, but maybe I've got that wrong.

I've also just noticed a superb template available on theDom's website called 3DPhotopile which kind of produces a similar effect but on a much grander scale, and is rather more involved than what I am looking for.

Just a little challenge for someone at a loose end!!

• 1 month later...

For the rotation, look here, or on my page and download Hubble V5 (it was made with V5 béta and I don't do it again with newest version). It could be possible to do a zoom of that, but you need several photos (I think 36 is the good number for a rotation of 360°).

If you want your slideshow is good on all PC, don't use too big pictures (400x300 for instance) because of the graphic card memory.

Photo_Frame.zip

In the light of Lin Evan's new tutorials on rotation etc, which I must say are excellent,I just wonder if this is a good time to mention this.

Imagine a table in front of you with a small photo lying on it. Is there a way of rotating the photo along its front edge so that it stands up, then letting it zoom towards you to fill more of the screen?

I recollect in a thread somewhere that Lin talked about rotation in X, Y and Z directions, but maybe I've got that wrong.

I've also just noticed a superb template available on theDom's website called 3DPhotopile which kind of produces a similar effect but on a much grander scale, and is rather more involved than what I am looking for.

Just a little challenge for someone at a loose end!!

Hi! Wideangle,

I have only just seen your request for the photo effect this morning, so I have put something together that could be along the lines you are looking for.

It requires a lot of fine tuning, photoframe need a 3D look.ect.

If this is in the ball park, give me a call and I will send you my project file so you can copy, modify or do with as you will.

Tom.

Photo_Frame.zip

Thanks for that Tom.

What you have there is close to what I had been trying to do. The stumbling block was the perspective with me.

Also, I was trying to keep the front edge in a fixed position, so that it acted like a hinge, with the photo lifting up from the back edge - if that makes sense!

Regards,

wideangle