WnSoft Forums

How come?

Almark

I am having problems. I have created my exe but when I try and run it on my laptop in full screen mode it produces black areas with white lines in 'X' shapes all over the place. As a result I made it 1024x in windowed mode. A forum member took the time (thank you) to have a look at my exe and suggested that it would have been better in fullscreen mode. But when I try to view it - it simply doesn't play.

I have since discovered that it will play on a different PC at 1280x but on my laptop at 1920x it won't.

I assume that my laptop must be lacking the graphic power: Vista Premium, 2GB RAM, 2GB Ready Boost, Duo Core 2.16, NVidia Geforce Go 7900 GS.

Or am I missing something obvious? All feedback welcome.

Mark,

I have since discovered that it will play on a different PC at 1280x but on my laptop at 1920x it won't.

If the video card lacks sufficient power to run the show at your current 1920x screen resolution ... try lowering screen resolution. Changing the screen setting may not be to your preference ... but it may be the only way to get the show to run on your laptop.

Hi Mark,

This sounds more like an issue with video drivers then with hardware. I suspect you have plenty of video power and computing power to run nearly any PTE show but the first thing I would do is update the video drivers. There are only a few cases I've seen where a newer computer running an "as shipped" version of Vista has so little video power that a PTE executable wouldn't run fairly well.

If you would, go to the "Start, "Run", then type in "dxdiag" and either press "Enter" or click on O.K. and wait for the computer to run a diagnostic to return a screen with multiple tabs. Click on the "Display" tab and check the date (right hand side of screen) on the video driver and compare it to the latest on the manufacturer's web site for your video card. I suspect updating it may resolve the issue. Also be sure you have the latest Direct X installed.

Best regards,

Lin

I am having problems. I have created my exe but when I try and run it on my laptop in full screen mode it produces black areas with white lines in 'X' shapes all over the place. As a result I made it 1024x in windowed mode. A forum member took the time (thank you) to have a look at my exe and suggested that it would have been better in fullscreen mode. But when I try to view it - it simply doesn't play.

I assume that my laptop must be lacking the graphic power: Vista Premium, 2GB RAM, 2GB Ready Boost, Duo Core 2.16, NVidia Geforce Go 7900 GS.

Or am I missing something obvious? All feedback welcome.