WnSoft Forums

convert avi to flv...

Guest Nimo

• 3 weeks later...
Spam

I have Adobe Flash and couldn't for the life of me convert any of the P2Exe avi files to FLV files - then after a little hunting round at the end of last week I found Slideshow Pro which is a very easy to use swf slideshow generator and is just $29 (around £15). Makes super shows, is very easy to use, but you do need to sit down and study the manual - and you do need either of the following versions of Flash - Flash MX 2004, Flash 8 or Flash CS3.

Here's an audio free sample which is embedded in an ordinary web page - Audio free SWF slideshow

..... and here's a sample of an embedded page with audio SWF slideshow with audio

• 2 weeks later...

A little interesting information about Flash and browsers. Apparently, there are problems which are difficult to resolve with various Flash iterations and various browsers. Here's an interesting one which I have.

With Firefox I can see your website including the Flash 9 opening in your link and your Flash 6 main screen, etc., but I can't see the text on the link to Slideshow Pro. When I get there I simply can't see the examples, etc.

With Internet Explorer I get a message that I need to install Flash 9 which I do and apparently all works well because the Flash "splash" plays correctly but when I get back to your website I get the same message over and again so something isn't correct apparently on my Flash 9 installation. Same with Flash 6.

Here's where it gets interesting. With IE I can see the text on the Slideshow Pro main page (in the center) but I can't see any of the samples. Go figure!

After working with Flash for several years I've about given up on it because of strange anomalies.

Best regards,

Lin

I have Adobe Flash and couldn't for the life of me convert any of the P2Exe avi files to FLV files - then after a little hunting round at the end of last week I found Slideshow Pro which is a very easy to use swf slideshow generator and is just $29 (around £15). Makes super shows, is very easy to use, but you do need to sit down and study the manual - and you do need either of the following versions of Flash - Flash MX 2004, Flash 8 or Flash CS3.

Here's an audio free sample which is embedded in an ordinary web page - Audio free SWF slideshow

..... and here's a sample of an embedded page with audio SWF slideshow with audio

........With Internet Explorer I get a message that I need to install Flash 9 which I do and apparently all works well because the Flash "splash" plays correctly but when I get back to your website I get the same message over and again so something isn't correct apparently on my Flash 9 installation. Same with Flash 6.

Lin

That's a problem with IE Lin - it somehow manages to mangle Flash installations - if you go the that page that keeps on giving you that message, click on it to go to the installer page - but this time look on the left hand side where it lists solutions for problems, download the Flash uninstaller, run this and then go back and let the Flash 9 installer run. This time it will install properly and you should be fine from then on in.

You would have had this problem with any Flash site running Flash 9 components running in the page.

• 8 months later...