WnSoft Forums

Newbie and dummy to boot-help pls

mtnman

Okay I admit I am a computer dummy but some things should be so easy even the likes of me should figure it out.

So 2 questions:

1-I am trying to add text to a slide. I click on objects and animations>Atab>type in my text and move it to area I want but then cant create the slide with the text in my show. What do I have to do to have the text show up on the slide in the show I am creating?

2- Can I only burn a DVD or will program burn a CD?

tia for any help

Terry

Terry,

The only place where you will see your text is in the O&A window or... when you Preview the show. The fact that you don't see the text in either the Slide List or in the Preview panel is a limitation of the current release of PTE. Igor's team will be adding this function into v5.2 which is already in development.

Are you seeing the text when you Preview the show from the Preview button in the main window?

Terry,

DVD movie format can not be burned to CD Disc.

If you need to create your shows to CD ... you need to use another format such as VCD or SVCD. These formats produce lower quality than DVD movie format due to it inheirent limitations.

* Select the Create Avi File button to see available menu selections.

* Creating VCD or SVCD requires use of other external video programs installed. Pte does not burn CD-VCD-SVCD directly

Guest Yachtsman1
Okay I admit I am a computer dummy but some things should be so easy even the likes of me should figure it out.

So 2 questions:

1-I am trying to add text to a slide. I click on objects and animations>Atab>type in my text and move it to area I want but then cant create the slide with the text in my show. What do I have to do to have the text show up on the slide in the show I am creating?

2- Can I only burn a DVD or will program burn a CD?

tia for any help

Terry

Hi Terry

I am somewhat of a newbie myself, but I think I may have an idea of your problems. Re text on your slide. Assuming you have added your slide into a show? You then add text via the COMMENT box at the bottom of the page? At the top of the page you will have a grey box with the words CLICK HERE TO PREVIEW YOUR SLIDE? Click the grey box and your slide will open with the text you have added? Click again and the page goes back to normal.

Re copying your show to CD, open the file where your show is stored, (My Pictures or suchlike) click the coloured icon with a picture on it (assuming you have CREATED from the PTE assembly page? and assuming you have a CD writer? Open Windows Explorer insert a blank CD. Move or drag the show to your CD writer icon and this should start a Copy to CD wizard which guides you through the procedure. BTW the show you want to copy to CD should not be larger than the blank CD you are copying to, usually 650MB but in reallity only about 450mb.

Hope you can follow what I'm trying to explain.

Stearman65.