WnSoft Forums

Poor quality DVD

destudio

I have put together a slide show of wedding pictures for a client. When I created the DVD and played it back, the quality was so poor, I cannot give it to my Bride and Groom.

I clicked on Video and then used Burn DVD-Video Disk, using Roxio. I then tried to redo it by first creating a AVI file and tried to burn it again with Roxio and then after reading some forum items I downloaded Ulead and it said I was missing some driver. Whatever!

What went wrong? Something in the compression? The pictures are not crisp and the colors of so very off. The music crackles as well. (This is with the Roxio burn)

Being a newbie at PTE, I need advise and quickly, as I am on a deadline.

Thanks

Annette

Hello Annette,

Did you buy Pictures to Exe the Luxe? With VideoBuilder it's a piece o'cake, really. I'm convinced the set up is so easy that every newby can make the dvd (at a very good quality) in a snap.

Go to menu -> View -> Advanced options -> Create DVD on Video button. Then, at the bottom of your screen you will see a button 'DVD' . Click and follow the instructions.

regards,

Henri. :rolleyes:

Annette,

As Henri comments ... If you have PTEv5 with Video Builder upgrade , DVD creation in alot easier and faster than the old method.

If you dont have Video Builder upgrade yet ... you can still use/test this feature. This will show you first-hand the ease of creation vs the old method. It will however show a scrolling demo text in the output file.

*Use DVD-RW so as not to waste any discs.

Annette,

Remember now ... in Video Builder use your .pte file and drag it directly to the list/panel and not use any of the previously made .avi files.

What sizes are your images and where did you get your music file ?

Note:

DVD discs display much better when played on player/TV than computer screen.

I did what you said guys..thank you. I am using 5.03 and I still am having the same results

Now what?

From the many posts on this subject and also the email questions that I get, maybe it is time for me to produce a pdf tutorial on how to create a video.

I agree with previous members who have stated that 'it is so easy' with Video Builder version 5.1, so update to this if you have not already done so.

Ron

• 1 month later...

I'm having exactly the same problem Annette - have you managed to solve the problem yet as I'm getting desperate to produce my DVD slide show. I've followed all the suggestions (Bitrate 7000, Video type auto etc) and the picture and sound quality are still poor. I'm also getting the edges of my pictures cut off, so any text around that area doesn't show.

Linda

• 1 month later...

I use V5.0 because V5.1 got problem with DVD rendering. According to the discussions in other posts, it is a hardware problem - not sure.

My comments for the Video Player is that still image slideshow looks okay but the result is really marginally acceptable when you have animation - jerky etc. Apparently the same project works fine in the native EXE mode. I am not sure why and hope someone here can shed some light. Otherwise this "defect" should be reported back to the PIC2EXE team for investigation.

PS: standard video project parameters are used.

Cheers

Pele Leung

A PIC2EXE user since 2002.

Annette

I don't know how bad you felt your pictures were.

It might just be worth mentioning that normal DVD quality will in no way be near the quality you see on the computer screen.

I use 5.1 and have been very happy with the results I get in video builder but I do have a good spec machine.

David