WnSoft Forums

music files on program?

miekley's

miekley,

Im not quite sure exactly what you asking to do ... but ... your PTE excutable contains all the files (pictures,music, etc) required for your Show.

If you distribute (CD etc) ... you make your Show to an .EXE file ... you do not distribute the .PTE file, as this is your working/setup document. (The .PTE file can not be opened by your users/clients .. therefore its of no use to them.).

Could anyone tell me if I can use Midi music in my slideshow. If so please explain how to get the Midi file from my Zip disc to the PTE slideshow.

1. Of course you can use your .mid music.

2. Why not just copy it from the ZIP drive to your hard disk? Or just load it into PTE from the ZIP drive.

What exactly is the problem?

:P Well the problem is I do not know how to download it from my zip drive to PTE, guess I am not too pc smart! Okay if I find a midi which is free on someones Website how do I download it straight from there to PTE or to a f0lder on my desktop. Yada I have XP and it seems like it goes to my real player without my giving it a folder to go to.....I do not like this :unsure:

Greetings Yada. It may be easiest from ZIP, once you learn Windows basics. WinXP has movie-like "how-to tours" to teach you how to use Windows. Look in "Help". If you have any problem doing that, this is the procedure:

• Put ZIP disk in ZIP drive
  • Your WinXP system *may* start playing music or start Windows Explorer etc due to how XP autoplay is set
  • Find ZIP drive in Windows Explorer (start by holding down the flying Windows key and pressing "E" key ONCE)
  • Use "Folders" view in Win Explorer if you know where the file is on ZIP, click or double-click folders to open
  • Use "Search" view in Win Explorer if you do not know what folder has music on your ZIP disk
  • Drag and drop each file to your "My documents" folder to copy them (hold down mouse button to drag)
  • In PTE Project Options Music tab navigate to "My Documents" folder and select midi files to include

For web saving, when you can see the link to needed music, pictures or other files just Right-mouse click on it and select "Save target as" and then select "My documents" for saving the file you want.