WnSoft Forums

Saint Mary's Church

dpeterso

Hello All -

I have another show for your consideration. Finding the church that you'll see in this slideshow was a serendipitious experience of the highest order. This place was in a tiny, obscure Kansas town of maybe 100 people. The countryside was poor farmland and pastures. One day while my wife and I were taking the backroads to another city to visit our son, we saw a steeple poking above the waving grasslands. On a lark, we decided to take a peek.

I hope you enjoy it. Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,

Dave

http://www.epetersons.com/slideshows/Saint...7s%20Church.zip

Hello Dave,

Thanks very much for that. As always some great images really nicely put together.

But for me certainly not one of your best. I have recently been looking at some shows on Proshow

and yours are head and shoulders a zillion times above anything I saw on there.

Maybe it was just a bit too churchy for my taste. But still a great AV.

Keep um coming, I look forward to the next.

All the Best

Neil

I think Dave that you did a very fine job of conveying the beauty of the church you stumbled upon. Church buildings can often be very interesting to the photographer on the scene and still not reach a viewer of the photos or AV. To me, your choice of music was very effective with your style of presenting the photos. If a person never heard a word or cared for the message, the sound is (my opinion) undeniably beautiful and provided a perfect pace for the flow of photos. I think your use of PTE software was without flaw on this one. Visually, very pleasant. I suppose if one were seeking "perfection", you could spend more time and solve the few compositions where the exposure for most of the scene resulted in light fixtures or bright spots of stained glass blowing out. But, if I had been there, I would have likely been content with the circumstances and felt good if I had shot the photos you got.