WnSoft Forums

Autospread Music Question

isabel95

It's probably something I've overlooked but in the timeline I have Synchronize music & slides and Auto Spread slides along Music checked, plus in the Program options I've chosen to Synchronize and my slides are lasting much longer than the music.

Can someone set me straight!

Isabel

Isabel,

I've just tried to recreate your problem using various combinations of your settings and I failed to!

However, the options to Synchronise and the Auto Spread are, to my mind mutually exclusive. Either you want PTE to decide the timing of the slide durations (Auto Spread) or you want to be in control of that (Synchronise).

I suggest you go to the Timeline window and replace "Synchronise..." with "Music plays independently" and ensure that Auto Spread remains selected. Now all you must do is remember that, if you then use the Timeline window to move a transition point or alter a transition duration, PTE will sense that and will change back from "Music plays independently" to "Synchronise" because you will have indicated that you want direct control of synchronisation.

Hope that makes sense.

Hi Isabel,

Unfortunately "synchronise" probably does not mean what you think it means!

It simply means link the music to the images.

If you want the music and slides to end at the same time and you want to control the time that some of the slides are on the screen you have to adjust the total time of the slides to match the running time of the music.

Alternatively set the running time of the slides and use Audacity or some other sound editor to edit the music time to match the slide duration.

If you are happy to let the music dictate the time that images display for you can use auto spread but it is not likely to produce a very pleasing result. It certainly will NOT synchronise sound and vision.

Kind regards

Peter

Still doesn't work.

Took all the music out (five selections) and then replaced it.

Music was then longer than the slides!

Decided to join all five selections into one file and tried synchronizing that and music is still longer than the slides.

Wondering if my problem is caused by the fact that I have 301 slides????

Isabel

Isabel,

I've just tried to recreate your problem using various combinations of your settings and I failed to!

However, the options to Synchronise and the Auto Spread are, to my mind mutually exclusive. Either you want PTE to decide the timing of the slide durations (Auto Spread) or you want to be in control of that (Synchronise).

I suggest you go to the Timeline window and replace "Synchronise..." with "Music plays independently" and ensure that Auto Spread remains selected. Now all you must do is remember that, if you then use the Timeline window to move a transition point or alter a transition duration, PTE will sense that and will change back from "Music plays independently" to "Synchronise" because you will have indicated that you want direct control of synchronisation.

Hope that makes sense.

Sure...I forgot about the "arrange all points" click - I ought to use this program more often!

Thanks for the input, Peter!

Tough having an old brain.

Isabel

It's probably something I've overlooked but in the timeline I have Synchronize music & slides and Auto Spread slides along Music checked, plus in the Program options I've chosen to Synchronize and my slides are lasting much longer than the music.

Can someone set me straight!

Isabel