WnSoft Forums

Trying to program "endless loop" sequence in PTEv4.47

fh1805

I'm using PTEv4.47 to try and program an "endless loop" sequence that can play unattended during our photographc society's forthcoming coffee morning. I have the Project Options...Main item "Repeat show until ESC is pressed" selected but the show does not repeat.

The sequence comprises:

- a "Welcome" slide

- a slide to trigger the first member sequence via "Run external application"

- a "You have been watching...the next sequence will start..." slide

- a slide to trigger the next member sequence via "Run external application"

- a "You have been watching...the next sequence will start..." slide

The sequence runs entirely as expected, with the linked sequences running and control being returned to this driving sequence up until this last slide at which point the driving sequence just sits with that slide on the screen. It doesn't repeat like I've told it to.

Anyone able to offer any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

N.B. This isn't a time-critical issue - yet!

I'm using PTEv4 because I don't like the constant flicker to and from the Windows desktop that one gets with PTEv5 when linking exe files from another PTE exe. The PC used to build the sequence runs Vista. The PC that will be used to playback is running XP. I have access to an XP machine for final testing. But until I crack the repeat problem there's no point thinking that far ahead.

Hi,

Having just read your post about your 'loop' problem I wonder if the solution is to download the very small attachment Igor sent out a few weeks ago. (If you haven't already done so)

Although this was to enable PTE 4.48 to close down when requested when using Vista it may have a bearing on your situation as you have put the show together using Vista.

I cannot think of any reason why you should have this problem so this may help.

Good luck.

Anthony

Anthony,

Hole in one!

Running the exe through the 449Patcher utility solved the problem. Now I need to take the patched exe to the XP machine and check it works OK there. If it does, I'm rocking and rolling!

Thanks for the tip, I'm not sure I'd have thought of that one.