WnSoft Forums

pte version 5.3

Guest BarbWatkins

Guest BarbWatkins

Hello, I am so excited about all the new things going on in the forum and all the new tutorials, I must say that I have never had this kind of wonderful experience with any other software!

I do have a question, I have really never been actively involved in the forum but at some time I downloaded what I thought to be an upgrade. so I now have pte version 5.03. As I look at the home page I see that there is the deluxe version of the 5.0 software. Can you tell me if what I have now is the deluxe version? or perhaps a beta. should I upgrade to the deluxe version?

I know this is really a basic question and I appreciate your patience.

sincerely,

BARBWATKINS

Hi Barb,

In addition to Ken's suggestion you may want to download the latest release version of PTE which is version 5.12. Because of the magnitude of changes there will not be a version 5.3 but instead the next version soon to go to public beta testing will be version 5.5. One of the many improvements is with the Video Builder portion of PTE which is the specific part which makes PTE Deluxe. If you haven't yet purchased PTE's Deluxe let me explain a bit about what it does.

PTE Deluxe lets you author DVD's directly without the need for creating an independent AVI file and using other software. Like the main PTE program, Video Builder uses hardware rendering to render your files up to 400% faster than ordinary programs. This vastly speeds up the process of DVD creation depending on your individual computer's hardware. Also Video Builder gives you the option of creating a stand-alone MPEG II version of your slideshow. Video Builder lets you create custom menus with beautiful backgrounds from included templates or allows you to use your own images for the menu template. You can control text fonts, drop shadows, text placement, etc., in very sophisticated ways. In my experience it's truly a joy to use Video Builder to author DVD's because it makes it fun rather than work!

You won't regret upgrading to the Deluxe version!

Hello, I am so excited about all the new things going on in the forum and all the new tutorials, I must say that I have never had this kind of wonderful experience with any other software!

I do have a question, I have really never been actively involved in the forum but at some time I downloaded what I thought to be an upgrade. so I now have pte version 5.03. As I look at the home page I see that there is the deluxe version of the 5.0 software. Can you tell me if what I have now is the deluxe version? or perhaps a beta. should I upgrade to the deluxe version?

I know this is really a basic question and I appreciate your patience.

sincerely,

BARBWATKINS

Lin

I have not been around lately so I may have missed a couple of releases of PTE, you mention version 5.2. Is this different to version PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.1 NewDVD, if so how can I download this latest version.

Hi Mike,

No need to download until beta 5.5 is released. There will be some very nice changes and improvements as Igor has told us in his several messages. It will be a full working beta so usable for creating shows immediately and will include some nifty new features having to do with live views for the timeline, etc. It also has the hardware rendering for DVD's as found in the several upgrade releases for 5.1. Because of the significant amount of work which has gone into this new beta there will be no 5.2 but a jump to 5.5. My mistake in above the version should have said 5.12 rather than 5.2 - I will correct it...

Best regards,

Lin

Lin

I have not been around lately so I may have missed a couple of releases of PTE, you mention version 5.2. Is this different to version PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.1 NewDVD, if so how can I download this latest version.