WnSoft Forums

Object Properties Button Colour Options

bwat

I have upgraded to PTE v5.1 for VIsta compatibility and converted menus original constructed in v4.48 OK using the standard 'Aqua' style but when trying to add an additional button I am unable replicate the choices of colour of the text available on the conveted buttons.

In the object/animation properties box of the original buttons, below the font box and to the right of the B/I/U boxes there are three 'colour' option boxes. The first one changes the text colour, the second changes the text colour to an alternative colour when the cursor is posiotioned over the text and the third changes to text colour to an alternative colour when the button is clicked.

However when adding an additional button there is only one colour option box which gives the choice of text colour only. The other boxes are not available preventing any additional buttons performing as the rest of my menu.

How do I access these other button/text colour option boxes when adding more buttons.

The Hue, Saturation and Lightness sliders combined with the "Theme" control the color of the button background. Clicking on the "A" or the bar beside "B" "I" "U" allows access to any color for the text on the button.

I'm not entirely clear on what isn't available but perhaps if you could post a couple samples I could help clear up any problems.

Best regards,

Lin

I have upgraded to PTE v5.1 for VIsta compatibility and converted menus original constructed in v4.48 OK using the standard 'Aqua' style but when trying to add an additional button I am unable replicate the choices of colour of the text available on the conveted buttons.

In the object/animation properties box of the original buttons, below the font box and to the right of the B/I/U boxes there are three 'colour' option boxes. The first one changes the text colour, the second changes the text colour to an alternative colour when the cursor is posiotioned over the text and the third changes to text colour to an alternative colour when the button is clicked.

However when adding an additional button there is only one colour option box which gives the choice of text colour only. The other boxes are not available preventing any additional buttons performing as the rest of my menu.

How do I access these other button/text colour option boxes when adding more buttons.

The Hue, Saturation and Lightness sliders combined with the "Theme" control the color of the button background. Clicking on the "A" or the bar beside "B" "I" "U" allows access to any color for the text on the button.

I'm not entirely clear on what isn't available but perhaps if you could post a couple samples I could help clear up any problems.

Best regards,

Lin

PTE file attached of typical menu. Note for each small buttons there are 3No colour choice boxes in Properties. For clarity I have set these as black for normal text, changing to red when cursor positioned over text and changing to blue when button clicked in Preview or on created exe file.

The larger button has been added for this example and you will see that there is only 1No colour choice box in Properties which changes the normal text colour only. The other 2No boxes are not available when adding additional buttonsMENUEXAMPLE.ZIP.

bwat

Hi Bwat,

For now, just copy the button in the Objects List and Paste then change the text and other attributes to suit. This will preserve all the attributes as in the older buttons. You will need to drag the copied button off the original. Be sure that no selection is active in the Objects List so as not to make the pasted button a "child" of another unless that's what you need.

I'll take a look and see about the differences and get back....

Best regards,

Lin

PTE file attached of typical menu. Note for each small buttons there are 3No colour choice boxes in Properties. For clarity I have set these as black for normal text, changing to red when cursor positioned over text and changing to blue when button clicked in Preview or on created exe file.

The larger button has been added for this example and you will see that there is only 1No colour choice box in Properties which changes the normal text colour only. The other 2No boxes are not available when adding additional buttonsMENUEXAMPLE.ZIP.

bwat

Hi Bwat,

If you create a new button in the Objects and Animations screen, change the color of the text, set whatever attribute (action for the button) then do "Preview" click on the button then go back to Objects and Animations you will have all three attributes available. I don't know if this is a "bug" or just the way it works but this will give you all three options just like the imported (converted from 4.8) buttons have.

I have emailed Igor samples to see if it's indeed a "bug" or if that's just the way it is supposed to work......

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Bwat,

If you create a new button in the Objects and Animations screen, change the color of the text, set whatever attribute (action for the button) then do "Preview" click on the button then go back to Objects and Animations you will have all three attributes available. I don't know if this is a "bug" or just the way it works but this will give you all three options just like the imported (converted from 4.8) buttons have.

I have emailed Igor samples to see if it's indeed a "bug" or if that's just the way it is supposed to work......

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin

Many thanks, the button now has the three colour attributes. I realy appreciate the support and help of you and the Forum. With most programmes you are left on your own if you cannot get it to work correctly but the tutorials and tips with PTE are superb.

Thank you

bwat

Hi Bwat,

I have discussed in email with Igor and I now understand how it works also. You do not need to "Preview" before the three color choices for the attributes of normal, hover, pressed appear, but you do need to assign some "action" to the button. Once an action is assigned the three choices become available in the Properties tab.

Actually, because this may be confusing to others I'm preparing an AVI tutorial which will be added to my "PTE Made Easy" link on the Tutorials and Articles forum link.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin

Many thanks, the button now has the three colour attributes. I realy appreciate the support and help of you and the Forum. With most programmes you are left on your own if you cannot get it to work correctly but the tutorials and tips with PTE are superb.

Thank you

bwat