WnSoft Forums

Lock Slide Durations

I would love it if I could set the duration for individual slides and lock those durations. When you let the software automaticaly sync the slides with the music, it would keep locked slides at their individual durations, and adjust all "unlocked" slides to finish at the end of the music. Currently, when you auto-arrange the slides to sync with the music, and individual slide durations are ignored and all slides have the same duration. This feature would be very helpful when you want most slides to be the same duration and synchronized with music but a few have pan & zoom effects that are of a longer duration.

John L

John,

I understand where you are coming from on this - and where you'd like Igor to help you go with it.

But...

To get the best effect when synchronising images to music involves more than just spreading the images out evenly along the music. The best results are achieved by carefully placing each image precisely at the natural emphases in the music. The only way to achieve this end result is, usually, to have a unique duration on each and every slide.

Thanks, Peter. I do understand that, but the show I'm working on is just a simple "This is your Life" kind of thing for my Father-in-law's birthday. There are a few animations and I want the other slides to start & end with his favorite couple of songs. The exact timing of each slide, as far as matching the beat of the music, is not as important as that it ends exactly with the end of the music. I'm not trying to creat a technically perfect show, just some slides with a few animations that are synchronized as far as total length with the selected tracks. I'll just do the synchronizing manually and then trim the music to fit, but it's not what I would prefer in this case. I was just hoping that the ability to lock the duration would be a user selected option for each project, so the user could decide which way to go. Wel, maybe after I do this one the way that you are suggesting, I'll be so pleased that I won't want to go back :P

Thanks again for your input!

John

John

Surely a way of doing it would be to take a note of the length of your music and divide by the number of slide you have this will give you the number of seconds between each slide which you can set in project options. you might have to subtract the time you use for animations to be more accurate. But even though it is just for family a show timed to the music will be much better than one that just might hit an obvious change point ever so often even for the ordinary layman as Fh1805 suggested.

David