WnSoft Forums

photo/video viewer

foto1

I need a photo/video viewer I can use with PTE.

I want to use a button set to run application. Then I want the viewer to work just like Irfanview does for highlighting and area of the photo or document and zooming on it. I also want it to have zoom out function and a place to click that closes the program leaving me back at pte.

I would just use Irfanview it works great. The highlight and zoom feature is exactly the way I want it. The problem is my PTEs are shown to lawyers and they steal my images! If I am not in the room they print them or copy them with the Irfanview!

Can anybody suggest a viewer like Irfanview without all the printing, copying or saving?

thanks

Foto 1

I don't understand you , you say:- .."I would just use Irfanview it works great.

The highlight and zoom feature is exactly the way I want it"...

Then you wrote:-

..."The problem is my PTEs are shown to lawyers and they steal my images!

If I am not in the room they print them or copy them with the Irfanview" ...

Exactly what do you mean by the above:-

How exactly are they taking your Images ?

Are they taking them from your Laptop ?

Are you showing your PTE Show on another PC ?

There are ways of stopping this type of thing but you will have to give greater

detail as to what is going on.

Brian.Conflow.

The PTE is left on a disc at their office.

The PTE is shown on their computer.

I am not there so they help themselves.

If PTE had a manual zoom that could be operated by the user I would not have a problem.

I can't make a show where I also show the image zoomed to a cetain point because the is no way to predetermin what the would want to look at up close.

So I use the Irfanview. With it they can print copy or what ever else they wan t to do.

Foto 1

I don't understand you , you say:- .."I would just use Irfanview it works great.

The highlight and zoom feature is exactly the way I want it"...

Then you wrote:-

..."The problem is my PTEs are shown to lawyers and they steal my images!

If I am not in the room they print them or copy them with the Irfanview" ...

Exactly what do you mean by the above:-

How exactly are they taking your Images ?

Are they taking them from your Laptop ?

Are you showing your PTE Show on another PC ?

There are ways of stopping this type of thing but you will have to give greater

detail as to what is going on.

Brian.Conflow.

Foto 1

Look at the "Attachment" in the bottom of this Post - this should work for you.

It works very well with PTE.49 - but I have not tried it working with PTE 5xx.

Make a 'tiny' Show with 4-5 Images, tick the 'Box' shown in attachment and

try it out.

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1210893565_thumb.jpg

How would that work?

These images are not in PTE at the time.

PTE does not have tha manual zoom by user feature.

If I could use PTE by itself I would.

The picture needs to be zoomable by the end user.

So for those photos I have a button that loads the picture on the screen with Irfanview.

The idea was that they would view then close and they are right back in PTE.

That is when they take it. They take it with Irfanview.

Foto 1

Look at the "Attachment" in the bottom of this Post - this should work for you.

It works very well with PTE.49 - but I have not tried it working with PTE 5xx.

Make a 'tiny' Show with 4-5 Images, tick the 'Box' shown in attachment and

try it out.

Brian.Conflow.

Foto 1

Do you have a name ? gender? ~ It's more plesant to communicate with

someone on a 'one-to-one basis' which we all do here on the PTE Forum.

In effect you are asking PTE to run an 'External Application' (Irfanview)

but what Irfanview is looking at is a Screen-Image from the PTE.Show Exe.

(in effect its generating a screen-capture of any chosen Image)

Irfanview uses the Scrn-Print command to copy that Image, in fact its

on all PC Keyboards the key is:- Prt Scn. PTE can disable that Keyboard

command whether its generated by a Program or by a Keystroke on a

remote PC. I have tested it with many types of Screen-Shot Programs,

thats why I asked you to try it out.

But in reality all you want is a simple 'Screen-Magnifier' which could be

incorporated within a Folder plus the PTE Show, all on your CD-Disc then

packaged as an 'Autorun Program' with Prt Scn denial as standard feature.

No need for Irfanview at all...

Brian.Conflow.

Unfortunately, you have a problem which can't be solved.

No matter what program you use to display your photos, you can't prevent others from "stealing" your images. A simple screen capture tool such as Snagit can always be used by anyone with a computer to capture your images and save them to their computer. There is no way to prevent this. If you allow your images to be seen on a computer when you are not present, or if you put them on the web, they can be easily captured. Sorry, there is no solution for preventing this as long as the person viewing your images is dishonest.

Best regards,

Lin

I need a photo/video viewer I can use with PTE.

I want to use a button set to run application. Then I want the viewer to work just like Irfanview does for highlighting and area of the photo or document and zooming on it. I also want it to have zoom out function and a place to click that closes the program leaving me back at pte.

I would just use Irfanview it works great. The highlight and zoom feature is exactly the way I want it. The problem is my PTEs are shown to lawyers and they steal my images! If I am not in the room they print them or copy them with the Irfanview!

Can anybody suggest a viewer like Irfanview without all the printing, copying or saving?

thanks

Lin,

With respects, your 'generalisation statement' is correct ~ but this is not the case here with Foto-1.

He/She is providing Irfanview to do the magnification and consequently is providing the means whereby

'Office Associates' are pinching his Images. So your recommendation to use Irfanview is exactly what

Foto-1 is doing, providing the means to 'pinch' his own Images.(Author of his own Misfortune)

Remove Irfanview and they have a much harder job and I have Tested the Pte utility 'prevent Screen

capture' and it does work in the vast majority of cases, sufficient enough to give Foto-1 some security

and he/she could always Watermark the Images and 'up the stakes' in the Legal Environment of his work.

In my Post I advised to use a 'Screen Magnifier' which I do in my Business as a mater of course. I do not

use nor provide 3rd Party Image Editing Software to do such a simple job ~ shooting myself in the Foot !!

Below is a 'fabricated Screen-Shot' note the word fabricated because I had to 'doctor' the Program 4 times

to get what I wanted to demonstrate to Foto-1 and yourself ~ the use of a Magnifier within a PTE.Show.

Best Regards,

Brian.Conflow.

Magnifier Screen-Shot

post-1416-1210936271_thumb.jpg

Hi Brian,

I didn't recommend he/she use Irfanview - LOL, I just told him that there was no way to prevent his screen images from being "pinched".

You're correct; it's possible to make it more difficult for unsophisticated users to capture images by defeating a keyboard interrupt (prt sceen), such as done with PTE, etc., but I'm assuming that these lawyers have a clue. If they do and he/she leaves the room they "will" capture the images if they choose to do so.

As Ken says, I use a mouse magnifier myself, but I don't see the relevance for the OP. My assumption from the OP's statement is that he/she provides them the slides on a CD/DVD for the lawyers meaning they play them on their own systems. So outside of suggesting that "they" use a magnifying mouse to magnify the areas they want closeups of on their own computer(s).....?

The suggestion of watermarking and/or © is prudent. I just want the OP to be aware of the fact that all that he/she can do is make it more "difficult" for his clients to purloin these images, but in the end if they have computer skills and desire to steal they will take the images if left alone for a few moments.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

With respects, your 'generalisation statement' is correct ~ but this is not the case here with Foto-1.

He/She is providing Irfanview to do the magnification and consequently is providing the means whereby

'Office Associates' are pinching his Images. So your recommendation to use Irfanview is exactly what

Foto-1 is doing, providing the means to 'pinch' his own Images.(Author of his own Misfortune)

snip....

Lin,

I got the wrong end of the stick, Foto-1 is actually using 'Irfanview' to Magnify his/her Images.

I confuse your reply with his/her suggestion that they wanted PTE to perform like Irfanview...

my error completely.

But apart from that, I consider my suggestion to incorporate a Magnifier within the PTE Folder a

more prudent choice that giving someone an 'Image-Editor' to copy your own personal Slide Show

under your own nose.

Of course I agree with you, persons can steal a Slide-Show if they put their minds to it, given the

right Tools and the time to do it.

The 'trick is' ~ to make it not worth their while in the 1st place !

Brian.

Can I suggest that rather than go looking for some long-winded technical solution that:

a) You only let them view the show when you are present and don't leave the show with them in the first place. If you have to download your show to their PC then delete it before you leave.

B) You don't mention why they are copying your images, or what use they are making of them afterwards. When you create your CD put a copyright statement on the label. Also, you could make the first/last image in the show a copyright statement.

c) Given that they are lawyers they should realise they are infringing your copyright and intellectual property rights by unlawfully taking copies so if the problems still persists after the above....sue the a*** off them!

A tricky area...good luck!

I would like to try the magnfier utilitiies. Is there one where you can select an area and magnify it?

Thanks

Can I suggest that rather than go looking for some long-winded technical solution that:

a) You only let them view the show when you are present and don't leave the show with them in the first place. If you have to download your show to their PC then delete it before you leave.

B) You don't mention why they are copying your images, or what use they are making of them afterwards. When you create your CD put a copyright statement on the label. Also, you could make the first/last image in the show a copyright statement.

c) Given that they are lawyers they should realise they are infringing your copyright and intellectual property rights by unlawfully taking copies so if the problems still persists after the above....sue the a*** off them!

A tricky area...good luck!