WnSoft Forums

An Audio Visual Snob

Most of what is created by member of this forum would not be considered by this person as real AV, because it diesnt have some depressing morbid story line.

Barry I have seen many of the so called "Doom/Gloom/Despondency" AVs including the excellent prize winning "Bagnes III VN Prison" by Stephane Bidouze, (referred to by Pwear earlier in this thread) and which can be found here:

http://www.bidouze.com/2.html

but I have to say the show that has moved me as much as any, made me fell really sad/depressed in fact, is your very good "Black Country" the original version. I have shown it to a number of people, both photographers and non-photographers and most men aged in their late 50s on, who have some fond memory of past technologies have a similar reaction, the music plays a large part here.

I don't Know if this was your intention or not with this show but it fits the "Doom/Gloom/Despondency" category for us and there is nothing wrong with that on the contrary thanks. How boring life would be if we only ate white bread everyday. :)

I am over 60 and my reaction to Black Country was not depression but nostalgia. No matter what our intent is when we create an AV, the audience will bring its own experience and its own interpretation to the game. (Well, maybe a documentary on prison life is the exception.....)

Now, has anyone put Flanders and Swann's "Slow Train" into an AV? That would have me diving into the Kleenex.