WnSoft Forums

How do I upgrade to 5.1 Deluxe from 4.48?

Just click on the "Buy Now" button and you will find a drop-down menu from which you may select either the deluxe or standard or upgrade.

Lin

I would like to upgrade as opposed to buying the complete new program... I think it will be less expensive that way. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Just click on the "Buy Now" button and you will find a drop-down menu from which you may select either the deluxe or standard or upgrade.

Lin

Thanks Lin. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I purchased the upgrade, but am having a hard time loading the "key" in the registration process. I just sent you a pm. Thanks again!

Hi Laura,

Just put the file on your hard disk and when you open Video Builder and are queried about the registration navigate to and click on the file name. That "should" load the text file into the registry and activate the key.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I purchased the upgrade, but am having a hard time loading the "key" in the registration process. I just sent you a pm. Thanks again!

Hi Laura,

Just put the file on your hard disk and when you open Video Builder and are queried about the registration navigate to and click on the file name. That "should" load the text file into the registry and activate the key.

Best regards,

Lin

Hey Lin,

I tried what you suggested above and it didn't prompt for the reg key. Any other ideas? I pm'd you. Hope I can get it worked out soon.

Thanks!

Laura

Laura,

Use the Windows clipboard to extract the reg key from the email, open Notepad and copy the key into that program, then save it in a folder of your choice as [filename].reg (be sure to use .reg as the filename extension). Then double-click on that file, which will cause it to be inserted into the registry, from where any version of PTE will find it.

Alternatively, you can name the file [filename].key, and put it in the PTE folder under c:\program files\wnsoft pictures to exe\5.5, where PTE will look for it and automatically insert it into the registry.

Make sure you get all of and only the key string from the email.

Colin

Laura,

Use the Windows clipboard to extract the reg key from the email, open Notepad and copy the key into that program, then save it in a folder of your choice as [filename].reg (be sure to use .reg as the filename extension). Then double-click on that file, which will cause it to be inserted into the registry, from where any version of PTE will find it.

Alternatively, you can name the file [filename].key, and put it in the PTE folder under c:\program files\wnsoft pictures to exe\5.5, where PTE will look for it and automatically insert it into the registry.

Make sure you get all of and only the key string from the email.

Colin

Colin,

Thanks for your help. I tried the two suggestions that you had and neiter brought up the new copy of pics2exe. I'm really frustrated.... is there a help number I can call to talk to someone? I need to get this to work in the next few minutes or I need to buy another program to make this work. I have a project I need to mail out to a customer tomorrow. I planned to work on it all today if necessary, but so far I haven't been able to get the software to upgrade. I have already spent money on the upgrade and I already know pics2exe, so I really want to make it work with this software.

Thanks!

Laura

LAURA

how did you make dvd's before - do you have an athoring program such as a complet nero suite -- if so

use 4.48 and follow the instructions here

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1408

and make an avi and import it into nero vison express and make your dvd

this will get you off the hook till you get the upgrade done

now if you have already made the show in 5.1 you can stll make an avi to import into nero

ken

Hey Ken,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have another program and have not made DVD's to play on a regular DVD player before. I think I'm going to go and buy the complete new version of the software.... I hope that works. Maybe I can get reimbursed for the $20 that I paid for the upgrade. I really love pics2exe, but I wish there was a help number I could call and acutally talk to someone. Posting on the forum and getting replies that haven't worked for two days is so frustrating!!!

LAURA

how did you make dvd's before - do you have an athoring program such as a complet nero suite -- if so

use 4.48 and follow the instructions here

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1408

and make an avi and import it into nero vison express and make your dvd

this will get you off the hook till you get the upgrade done

now if you have already made the show in 5.1 you can stll make an avi to import into nero

ken

Hi Laura,

You need to click on Video then on Burn DVD - Video Disk. You don't need to make an AVI. Navigate to the folder where your PTE file is and it will appear in the upper-right window. Drag and drop it into the lower rectangle above "Project Options" and "Next" - the long, horizontal, rectangular window. Click on Next. Somewhere within this process you will be prompted to upgrade or click the unlock key. Do this and proceed with making your DVD as per instructions on the PDF User Guides.

Unfortunately once the key code is installed in the registry I can't tell you exactly how it works because it doesn't ask again and I'm working from memory from 2 years or more ago.

Where do you live? Email me at lin@learntomakeslideshows and perhaps we can talk.

Best regards,

Lin

Hey Ken,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have another program and have not made DVD's to play on a regular DVD player before. I think I'm going to go and buy the complete new version of the software.... I hope that works. Maybe I can get reimbursed for the $20 that I paid for the upgrade. I really love pics2exe, but I wish there was a help number I could call and acutally talk to someone. Posting on the forum and getting replies that haven't worked for two days is so frustrating!!!