WnSoft Forums

Automatic update of "Go to slide nn" values

Please can I put in another request for existing "Go to slide nn" values to be updated automatically when one or more new slides are inserted, one or more slides are deleted or one or more slides are repositioned in the sequence?

In my opinion, the current failure of the software to keep the values of the "Go to slide" entries correct when insertions, deletions and moves are done is a MAJOR bug. It means the use of the product with this feature is not intuitive at all. Even a single slide coming in, going out or changing its position in the sequence means I have to re-check multiple objects carrying a "Go to slide nn" action to be sure that my change has not destroyed the logic integrity of my programming.

I am working on a project which currently has just over 100 programmed buttons. It is an illustrated talk built around historic old photos and, as new material comes to hand, I add it in. For me, it is a major task to introduce two or three new images as, after each change, I have to check carefully that the "Go To"s still go to the same place that they did before I made the change. It shouldn't be such a big task. All I should need to do is change the slide list (insert/delete/move) and add any new buttons that I now need. All the old buttons should be kept up-to-date by PTE.