WnSoft Forums

Text with shadow

xahu34

Hello,

Has anybody made a similar observation when using shadows for text objects?

In the attached example (made with version 5.5) all texts have the same size, and all shadows have the same parameters: distance 50, size 1.

• Observation 1: The sharpness of the shadow depends on my computers (monitor: 1280x1024) on the length of the text, see slide 1 in my example.
  • Observation 2: After rasterizing to PNG, this effect is still to be seen but the distance of the shadow has changed (but not the distance parameter), see slide 2.
  • Observation 3: Shadow parameters - In the size field I can enter values smaller than 1 only using the slider. The input field does not accept the input "0.**" (automatically changed to "1.**")

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

ShadowTest.zip

Hi Xaver,

I see the same effect as you when I Preview your project file on my desktop PC system (1280x1024 monitor). I have never used customized shadows before - only the default values, which give a much softer shadow effect. It will be interesting to follow this thread in order to find out what the explanations/resolutions are. Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention.

Hello,

Has anybody made a similar observation when using shadows for text objects?

In the attached example (made with version 5.5) all texts have the same size, and all shadows have the same parameters: distance 50, size 1.

• Observation 1: The sharpness of the shadow depends on my computers (monitor: 1280x1024) on the length of the text, see slide 1 in my example.
  • Observation 2: After rasterizing to PNG, this effect is still to be seen but the distance of the shadow has changed (but not the distance parameter), see slide 2.
  • Observation 3: Shadow parameters - In the size field I can enter values smaller than 1 only using the slider. The input field does not accept the input "0.**" (automatically changed to "1.**")

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

ShadowTest.zip

I too notice that the shadow is blurred maybe that's intentional as it is a shadow and the rasterized slide distance is not as great on slide two.Re Observation 3:

Theoretically the sharpness of a shadow cannot get sharper than 1, as you increase the size parameter the shadow spreads over a greater area and loses its sharpness and definition.

As an aside why not try some of Dom's Shadow templates available from

http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...amp;file_id=212

to see some of the effects that can be achieved.

Alan

.... Theoretically the sharpness of a shadow cannot get sharper than 1, as you increase the size parameter the shadow spreads over a greater area and loses its sharpness and definition ....

Alan

Sorry Alan, but the PTE developers allow for the value of shadow seize also numbers smaller than 1, e.g. 0 for really sharp shadows. The problem now is, that on a slide where all texts should have such a sharp shadow (e.g. seize value 0) the long text entries cannot achieve it, their shadows are blurred. I helped myself by splitting a longer entry into two shorter ones.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich