WnSoft Forums

Two free utilities

boxig

Hello to all members,

Here is all information about two new free utilities which I uploaded to my site. Please write any feedback here for members to know advantages or disadvantages of these two.

PTEprotect

This is a small, simple, and very useful program for "PicturesToExe" users. It will make as many backups to your pte project file while you are working on a new slide, and prevent you from losing your work. When you finish with your project, you can delete all the backup files if you like.

How

===

Put "PTEprotect.exe" in your working folder and run it. Then open PTE and start making your project. When you save first time your project, write your project file name in the TextBox of "PTEprotect" and click on the "Backup" button. The saved project will be saved also as "Backup1.pte". Next time when you save your project, just click again on "Backup" button and the new saved project will be saved as "Backup2.pte". You can continue saving as many backups as you like.

Download: program No. 23 on my web site.

ImageList

This program works without any connection to your PTE presentation but it can be of some use if they come together while distributing presentation to a customer who is supposed to chose pictures from your work. It can be a handy tool for photographers who give their photo albums to customers for choosing pictures.

Basically this program will show a drop menu of your pictures and display small thumbnails of 120x90 pixels. If you make thumbnails of your presentation pictures and a list of their names, then your customer can use this program to make an order list and send it to you by email using this program.

When your customer chose a picture from the drop menu, the thumb of this picture will be displayed. Then your customer can write his remark in the textbox concerning the selected picture (like how many copies, what size), and click a button to add the picture name and the remark to his order list.

No installation needed.

Just unzip and run "ImageList.exe".

The program has "Help" button.

Features

========

1. Drop menu will show full names of all pictures.

2. Chose picture name from drop menu and thumb will be displayed.

3. Add remark to selected picture in a textbox

4. Click "Add to order list" button and the selected picture with its remark will be added to order List.

5. List can be cleared by click on "Clear List".

6. List can be viewed by click on "View List".

7. Manual changes can be made to List by user when "View List".

8. Thumbnails can be displayed by using left/right arrows buttons on program.

9. Slideshow of thumbnails can be displayed by using "Slide show" button.

10. Slideshow can stop and continue from stop point.

11. Slideshow can be started from any image you select from the drop menu (stop slideshow before selecting).

12. Number of selected image is displayed.

13. When click on "Send email" button then "ImageList" utility window is closed and user's email program will open with your email and subject as you wrote them on "email.txt". The order List will be the content of the email. User can add or make changes before sending the email.

14. Unlimited number of images can be used.

Files

=====

ImageList.exe - main program.

EmailMe.exe - send email program.

email.html - nothing to do but necessary file.

email.txt - write your email address and subject.

ImageList.txt - write full names of all images.

Sample images

=============

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

How

===

Make images 120x90 of all pictures.

Rename all images from 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg ...

On "ImageList.txt" write on each line a full name of a picture with picture its number.

Example: If you have a picture named "My beautiful car" and the thumbnail is called "35.jpg" then you will write:

35. My beautiful car

Your list will look like this:

1. Dog

2. Flower

3. Children

4. Mountains

5. Animals

6. At the sea

35. My beautiful car

On "email.txt" write your email on first line and the subject on second line.

Put all files in folder or the root of your CD. You can try it in a folder before making your CD.

I hope it can be of some use.

Download: program No. 14 on my web site.

Thank you

Granot

I uploaded a new version of "PTEprotect" with extra "Delete" button. This will delete all backup files when project is finished.

Important:

Since this program do not write nothing to your registry it will forget everything when you close it. If you use it again on same project and same folder, rename your backup files from last time or it will overwrite them.

The Delete button will work only on same session.

No install needed, just unzip the file which include the utility exe and a Readme file.

Granot

• 2 weeks later...

Boxig,

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful utilities! I have a request, if it would not be too much trouble. You may already have it made and I just haven't found it yet! Could you make a screensaver installer? Something that could be clicked on and would perform the installation for you? I would put this utility on CD possibly with Autorun for clients. I find it difficult to explain to everyone how and where to put the .scr file to make it work. If you could come up with something like this that would work on all versions of Windows from 95 to XP you would be my hero.

Thanks,

Mike

Boxig,

I see you have started to get busy again. Your new utilities caught my attention.

As I have almost completed a new utilitity somewhat like your Image List. Its for Photographers to also ! :)

That previous Screen Capture topic (*hint) got me thinking. It will even override PTEs Print Screen Button (ooups!)

I just emailed you ... take care

Mike

Since I have win95 only I don't know where other operating systems hold the screen savers. Basically I can make an installer but only if I know where to install in each system, like in win95: C:\Windows\System.

Stu,

Thanks. I sent you email.

Granot