WnSoft Forums

Maid of the Mist

Lin Evans

The Maid of the Mist are diesel powered boats which take passengers into the mist at the base of Niagara Falls. They go to the Horseshoe Falls area on the Canadian side of Niagara and the newer versions of the boats carry 300 passengers as seen below.

This is an attempt to give a feel for the esperience without actually being there. It's a work in progress and the size (25 meg download) is much larger than it would have to be for the 1 minute duration of the repeating show but in due time when it's finished it will be evident why. Anyway a fun attempt to animate and show what it's like for the 300 passengers wearing blue rain ponchos crammed together for this unique experience.

Here's the link:

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/demos/niagara.zip

and here's a closeup of the "Maid" used for the animation:

maid.jpg

Nice presentation Lin you have the moving water effect working very well, enjoyed it a lot. I have friends who have just returned from Niagara Falls and other parts of your country, I will show it to them.

Ken, not for me either although I would recommend a hot-air balloon ride, no vertigo there.